Re: [Unity_Games] Re: Where to buy games?

  • Clay Helberg
    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 27, 2008
      Thanks to everyone who replied! Several interesting options to explore.
      Like a couple of people mentioned, I too prefer to buy locally when I
      can, which is why I asked instead of just going straight for the web stores.

      Just to clarify, I'm primarily interested in Euro-style board games
      (Catan, Ticket to Ride, Power Grid, etc etc).

      Ben, I've been meaning to drop in on a FRAGS meeting, but somehow it
      seems I always have something else going on on Thursday nights. I'll
      have to see if I can clear my schedule one of these Thursdays and check
      it out.

      --Clay

      mmajorowski wrote:

      > Eurika Games and Puzzles in Brookline Ma is a great store. The prices
      > are good and selection is good as well. And the owner David can order
      > something for you if he doesn't have it is stock. Plus there is no
      > creepy dungeon feel to the place and they have weekly game nights open
      > to the public.
      >
      > David is offering 10% off coupons for your entire order for those that
      > attened Major Game Day 2 on august 23rd.
      >
      > http://www.eurekapuzzles.com/ <http://www.eurekapuzzles.com/>
      >
      > --- In Unity_Games@yahoogroups.com
      > <mailto:Unity_Games%40yahoogroups.com>, "cphelberg" <clavius@...> wrote:
      > >
      > > Hi folks--
      > >
      > > Just moved to the area, and I'm wondering where folks go to check out
      > > and purchase new games? Is there a particular store or stores you
      > > like, or do you all just order from boardgamegeek.com? I'd appreciate
      > > any tips on likely local sources. I'm in Framingham, but willing to go
      > > just about anywhere in East/central MA. Thanks!
      > >
      > > --Clay

    • Phil Alberg
      Message 2 of 10 , Aug 1, 2008
        Welcome to Unity Games, Clay!

        There is a database on the Unity Games Yahoo site that lists local
        game stores. I just updated the information for the Game Keeper,
        which moved from Providence to Pawtucket about a year ago.

        Could others please review this list and make edits as appropriate?

        Thanks,

        - Phil

        --- In Unity_Games@yahoogroups.com, "cphelberg" <clavius@...> wrote:

        > Hi folks--
        >
        > Just moved to the area, and I'm wondering where folks go to check out
        > and purchase new games? Is there a particular store or stores you
        > like, or do you all just order from boardgamegeek.com? I'd appreciate
        > any tips on likely local sources. I'm in Framingham, but willing to go
        > just about anywhere in East/central MA. Thanks!
        >
        > --Clay

      • Phil Alberg
        Message 3 of 10 , Aug 1, 2008
          --- In Unity_Games@yahoogroups.com, "Phil Alberg" <palberg@...> wrote:

          > Welcome to Unity Games, Clay!
          >
          > There is a database on the Unity Games Yahoo site that lists local
          > game stores. I just updated the information for the Game Keeper,
          > which moved from Providence to Pawtucket about a year ago.
          >
          > Could others please review this list and make edits as appropriate?
          >
          > Thanks,
          >
          > - Phil

          I neglected to list the url:

        • Clay Helberg