Re: [Unity_Games] Y2K Games Statistics

  • Craig Massey
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 2, 2001
      --- Matthew Gray <matthew@...> wrote:
      > In a surprise to nobody, I've got lots of statistics
      > about the games

      If I didn't keep my own spreadsheet, I suggest that
      Matthew needs some professional help, but I do so I
      won't.

      Lot 'o stats snipped...

      > Games played, per week,
      > before I found Unity Games: 3.5
      > Games played, per week,
      > after I found Unity Games: 12

      I think this is the best stat in the post and one that
      is probably mirrored by a lot of UG members - it is
      for me anyway. Dave, Walter and Mark should be
      commended for this since UG is their brainchild.

      =====
      Craig W. Massey
      cwmassey@...

      http://photos.yahoo.com/
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 3, 2001
        Matthew wrote:
        > Games played, per week,
        > before I found Unity Games: 3.5
        > Games played, per week,
        > after I found Unity Games: 12

        That's a great stat! I hope that similar numbers are up for other UGers as
        well. I tried to figure this out for myself last night, but for me it's a
        bit more of a gray area. Most of the early UGers were people from the SSG
        and people I had gamed with in the spring (MVGA, GSG, B&N recruits, etc).
        But on a rough estimate, I'd say that I was playing 8 games per week before
        UG. About 12 games per week now. Of course these "averages" are boosted
        by big one-day events like Unity Games I and Mark's open game day/cookout or
        larger multi-day events (LT1, GoF, etc). A "typical" week sees me playing
        about 6 or 7 games.

        dber@...
      • Matthew Horn
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 3, 2001
          I only started keeping track as of 1/1/2001, but I can say that my pre- and
          post-UG stats break down something like this:

          Gaming days/week prior to UG: 1
          Gaming days/week post UG: 3
          Games/week prior: 4-ish
          Games/week post: 8-ish

          That's an increase of 100% for games played per week. Somehow, I don't think
          that growth rate is sustainable, but it'll be a fun ride.

        • Alison Hansel
          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 3, 2001
            --- In Unity_Games@egroups.com, "Dave Bernazzani" <dber@g...> wrote:
            > Matthew wrote:
            > > Games played, per week,
            > > before I found Unity Games: 3.5
            > > Games played, per week,
            > > after I found Unity Games: 12
            >
            > That's a great stat! I hope that similar numbers are up for other
            > UGers as well. <snippage>
            > But on a rough estimate, I'd say that I was playing 8 games per
            week
            > before UG. About 12 games per week now. <snippage>
            > A "typical" week sees me playing about 6 or 7 games.

            I would like to proclaim that my gaming life remains utterly free of
            record-keeping. I must say, however, that I am happy to write things
            down at game sessions for those of you who do keep little books and
            enjoy these updates very much.

            Look ma, no statistics!

            --Alison
          • Campbell MacInnes
            Message 5 of 6 , Jan 4, 2001
              On Jan 2, 01, cwmassey@... wrote:

              >--- Matthew Gray <matthew@...> wrote:
              >> In a surprise to nobody, I've got lots of statistics
              >> about the games
              >
              >If I didn't keep my own spreadsheet, I suggest that
              >Matthew needs some professional help, but I do so I
              >won't.
              >
              >Lot 'o stats snipped...
              >
              >> Games played, per week,
              >>�������� before I found Unity Games:���� 3.5
              >> Games played, per week,
              >>�������� after I found Unity Games:����� 12
              >
              >I think this is the best stat in the post and one that
              >is probably mirrored by a lot of UG members - it is
              >for me anyway.� Dave, Walter and Mark should be
              >commended for this since UG is their brainchild.

              I would definitely like to commend them, and everyone else I've met through this singularly interesting organization. I kind of showed up the first time at B&N as a lark and am now highly glad I did so.

              And now for a stat of my own for 2000:

              Games played, per week,
              before I found Unity Games: 0
              Games played, per week,