Re: [Unity_Games] Re: Y2k Comments and Figures

    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 2, 2001
      Mark Edwards wrote:

      >Oh yeah, toss Dave B, Joe M, and Craig into those
      >game sessions also. Just so they can get their arses
      >kicked up and down the game board. ;-)

      In my case, this is likely quite true!!

      I tend to do poorly in games that are helped by having a good memory. Also
      difficult are games that require any significant min/maxing. That doesn't
      mean I don't enjoy the games - so long as they are still enjoyable
      regardless of what order I finish in.

      I love Modern Art, and really enjoy hawking the paintings and the general
      laughter and banter at the table. But I'll admit that I'll almost always
      lose this type of game to a "Jonathan" or an "Andy" simply because I use
      seat-of-the-pants tactics! I guess this is why I prefer games with a
      modicum of luck - gives me a fighting chance!

      BTW - Mark, you're mostly in this last category too! hehheh...

      dber@...
    • Mark Edwards
      Message 2 of 10 , Jan 2, 2001
        Dave Bernazzani wrote:

        > BTW - Mark, you're mostly in this last category too! hehheh...

        Don't I know it!

        I also know that in a hard fought well thought out and contested game between me, you, Joe, and Craig I'd probably lose. But only because one of you bastards would get lucky! Heheheheh.

        Mark

        "Ahh, humor you seek . . . fail you will!" - Yoda
      • Craig Massey
        Message 3 of 10 , Jan 2, 2001
          --- Mark Edwards <dangermouse@...> wrote:
          > You know what I'd like to see sometime this
          > year? Rich M, Andy L, Rich Z (one of my GSGers)
          > and Jonathan play a game or three of T&E, Acquire,
          > Modern Art, Tichu or something together. Just to
          > see who'd win.

          Noone would win, they would all spontaneously combust
          along with the game.

          > Oh yeah, toss Dave B, Joe M, and Craig into
          > those game sessions also. Just so they can get
          > their arses kicked up and down the game board. ;-)

          Nothing like starting out the year with a goodly
          amount of smacktalk - no surprise that it is from mr.
          edwards. Looks like 2001 will be the year of the
          weasel.

          =====
          Craig W. Massey
          cwmassey@...

          http://photos.yahoo.com/
        • Craig Massey
          Message 4 of 10 , Jan 2, 2001
            --- Mark Edwards <dangermouse@...> wrote:

            > I also know that in a hard fought well thought
            > out and contested game between me, you, Joe, and
            > Craig I'd probably lose. But only because one of
            > you bastards would get lucky! Heheheheh.
            >
            > Mark

            Well, we would certainly conspire to keep you in your
            proper place, but you know, the game would be damn
            funny.

            Maybe if we use our collective super powers (what
            those are I don't really know), we could take Jonathan
            and company out

            =====
            Craig W. Massey
            cwmassey@...

            http://photos.yahoo.com/
          • Dan Cashmore
            Message 5 of 10 , Jan 2, 2001
              Craig Massey somehow got it in his head to say:
              > 3. Smacking Diamond Dan Cashmore around at Liar's dice
              > (that's actually a new year's resolution!)

              Alas, Grasshopper, have you not yet learned that such foolish boasts will
              only earn you even greater defeats?