Re: Y2k Comments and Figures

  • Walter Hunt
    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 2, 2001
      --- In Unity_Games@egroups.com, Craig Massey <cwmassey@y...> wrote:

      > 2. Roads & Boats - now that I finally have my copy put
      > together and the rules read, I'm dying to play it.

      By the way, I went to Wal*Mart and bought a small plastic tackle box
      to organize the Roads & Boats components. It's almost Bernazzaniesque
      in its elegance, and I recommend it. (Careful Dave, that's a
      compliment...)

      I'm considering the possibility of a Roads & Boats evening at MVGA
      sometime this month. I can't justify a visit to SSG until I deliver my
      novel rewrite on January 19, so if you or anyone else on the list
      would like to play this game, would you consider coming out to
      Holliston?

      > 4. Trying to beat Rich Meyer at any game (also a NYR)

      By the way, I make this resolution every year.

      And regarding Dave and Carcassonne, at least he's promoting a damn
      fine game. I seem to really suck at it, but I'm eager to play again.

      > That's all for now - Happy New Year to everyone.
      >
      > Craig

      And welcome back !

      Walter.
    • Matthew Horn
      Message 2 of 10 , Jan 2, 2001
        >>I'm considering the possibility of a Roads & Boats evening at MVGA
        >>sometime this month.

        Count me in for that!

        Oh, and my resolution is to be more like *South* Korea this year. That and
        practice Ricochet Robot.
      • Mark Edwards
        Message 3 of 10 , Jan 2, 2001
          Walter Hunt wrote:

          > > 4. Trying to beat Rich Meyer at any game (also a NYR)
          >
          > By the way, I make this resolution every year.

          You know what I'd like to see sometime this year? Rich M, Andy L, Rich Z (one of my GSGers) and Jonathan play a game or three of T&E, Acquire, Modern Art, Tichu or something together. Just to see who'd win. And while we're at it, throw in Aaron F, Brian T, Jenn, Alison, David H and Dave R. All these folks have always struck me as very sharp gamers.
          Oh yeah, toss Dave B, Joe M, and Craig into those game sessions also. Just so they can get their arses kicked up and down the game board. ;-)

          Mark

          "Ahh, humor you seek . . . fail you will!" - Yoda
          Message 4 of 10 , Jan 2, 2001
            Mark Edwards wrote:

            >Oh yeah, toss Dave B, Joe M, and Craig into those
            >game sessions also. Just so they can get their arses
            >kicked up and down the game board. ;-)

            In my case, this is likely quite true!!

            I tend to do poorly in games that are helped by having a good memory. Also
            difficult are games that require any significant min/maxing. That doesn't
            mean I don't enjoy the games - so long as they are still enjoyable
            regardless of what order I finish in.

            I love Modern Art, and really enjoy hawking the paintings and the general
            laughter and banter at the table. But I'll admit that I'll almost always
            lose this type of game to a "Jonathan" or an "Andy" simply because I use
            seat-of-the-pants tactics! I guess this is why I prefer games with a
            modicum of luck - gives me a fighting chance!

            BTW - Mark, you're mostly in this last category too! hehheh...

            dber@...
          • Mark Edwards
            Message 5 of 10 , Jan 2, 2001
              Dave Bernazzani wrote:

              > BTW - Mark, you're mostly in this last category too! hehheh...

              Don't I know it!

              I also know that in a hard fought well thought out and contested game between me, you, Joe, and Craig I'd probably lose. But only because one of you bastards would get lucky! Heheheheh.

              Mark

              "Ahh, humor you seek . . . fail you will!" - Yoda
            • Craig Massey
              Message 6 of 10 , Jan 2, 2001
                --- Mark Edwards <dangermouse@...> wrote:
                > You know what I'd like to see sometime this
                > year? Rich M, Andy L, Rich Z (one of my GSGers)
                > and Jonathan play a game or three of T&E, Acquire,
                > Modern Art, Tichu or something together. Just to
                > see who'd win.

                Noone would win, they would all spontaneously combust
                along with the game.

                > Oh yeah, toss Dave B, Joe M, and Craig into
                > those game sessions also. Just so they can get
                > their arses kicked up and down the game board. ;-)

                Nothing like starting out the year with a goodly
                amount of smacktalk - no surprise that it is from mr.
                edwards. Looks like 2001 will be the year of the
                weasel.

                =====
                Craig W. Massey
                cwmassey@...

                http://photos.yahoo.com/
              • Craig Massey
                Message 7 of 10 , Jan 2, 2001
                  --- Mark Edwards <dangermouse@...> wrote:

                  > I also know that in a hard fought well thought
                  > out and contested game between me, you, Joe, and
                  > Craig I'd probably lose. But only because one of
                  > you bastards would get lucky! Heheheheh.
                  >
                  > Mark

                  Well, we would certainly conspire to keep you in your
                  proper place, but you know, the game would be damn
                  funny.

                  Maybe if we use our collective super powers (what
                  those are I don't really know), we could take Jonathan
                  and company out

                  =====
                  Craig W. Massey
                  cwmassey@...

                  http://photos.yahoo.com/
                • Dan Cashmore
                  Message 8 of 10 , Jan 2, 2001
                    Craig Massey somehow got it in his head to say:
                    > 3. Smacking Diamond Dan Cashmore around at Liar's dice
                    > (that's actually a new year's resolution!)

                    Alas, Grasshopper, have you not yet learned that such foolish boasts will
                    only earn you even greater defeats?