Re: Major Game Day II

  • tddcutrona
    Message 1 of 11 , Jul 2, 2008
      I might be available and Stoughton is next door to me. When do you
      think you will know the date? Todd

      --- In Unity_Games@yahoogroups.com, "pldr" <pldr@...> wrote:

      > I went to the first one and would definitely go again.
      >
      > Pete de Rosa
      >
      > ----------
      > From: mmajorowski <mmajorowski@...>
      > To: Unity_Games@yahoogroups.com
      > Subject: [Unity_Games] Major Game Day II
      > Date: Tuesday, July 01, 2008 10:20 PM
      >
      > Hello my name is Mike Majorowski, a few years back i held a game day
      > in
      > a Holiday Inn in Dorchester MA, guess what it was called. Well it's
      > been too long and i am hoping to do it again this year, hopefully
      > early
      > to mid august. I am just throwing this notification out there to
      > gauge
      > interest. We had a good number of people the last time around and
      the

      > game library has only grown. This will be in Stoughton MA, which is
      > easy to get to by T or to drive to and there is plenty of parking
      and

      > places to eat near by. We will be selling snacks as before but this
      > time we are making Falafel runs! I am contemplating having a rock
      > band
      > game set up. It's not a board game but it's very fun. Tickets will
      be

      > available at the door and through PayPal. $10 sound ok?
      >
      > Shark Chocolate!

    • Dawn Townsend
      Message 2 of 11 , Jul 2, 2008
        Hi Mike!
        I would definitely go!
        Dawn :)

        >From: "pldr" <pldr@...>
        >To: <Unity_Games@yahoogroups.com>
        >Subject: Re: [Unity_Games] Major Game Day II
        >Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2008 02:34:05 -0400
        >
        >I went to the first one and would definitely go again.
        >
        >Pete de Rosa
        >
        >----------
        >From: mmajorowski <mmajorowski@...>
        >To: Unity_Games@yahoogroups.com
        >Subject: [Unity_Games] Major Game Day II
        >Date: Tuesday, July 01, 2008 10:20 PM
        >
        >Hello my name is Mike Majorowski, a few years back i held a game day
        >in
        >a Holiday Inn in Dorchester MA, guess what it was called. Well it's
        >been too long and i am hoping to do it again this year, hopefully
        >early
        >to mid august. I am just throwing this notification out there to
        >gauge
        >interest. We had a good number of people the last time around and the
        >
        >game library has only grown. This will be in Stoughton MA, which is
        >easy to get to by T or to drive to and there is plenty of parking and
        >
        >places to eat near by. We will be selling snacks as before but this
        >time we are making Falafel runs! I am contemplating having a rock
        >band
        >game set up. It's not a board game but it's very fun. Tickets will be
        >
        >available at the door and through PayPal. $10 sound ok?
        >
        >Shark Chocolate!

      • dlartigue
        Message 3 of 11 , Jul 5, 2008
          Hi Mike, I was at Major Game Day I and will happily be at MGD2 if you
          decide you have it.
        • Gemini6Ice
          Message 4 of 11 , Jul 12, 2008
            If this venue works for you, why would it not also work for Unity
            Games, which is looking for a location?

            On Jul 1, 2008, at 10:20 PM, mmajorowski wrote:

            > Hello my name is Mike Majorowski, a few years back i held a game
            > day in
            > a Holiday Inn in Dorchester MA, guess what it was called. Well it's
            > been too long and i am hoping to do it again this year, hopefully
            > early
            > to mid august. I am just throwing this notification out there to gauge
            > interest. We had a good number of people the last time around and the
            > game library has only grown. This will be in Stoughton MA, which is
            > easy to get to by T or to drive to and there is plenty of parking and
            > places to eat near by. We will be selling snacks as before but this
            > time we are making Falafel runs! I am contemplating having a rock band
            > game set up. It's not a board game but it's very fun. Tickets will be
            > available at the door and through PayPal. $10 sound ok?
            >
            > Shark Chocolate!

          • Craig Massey
            Message 5 of 11 , Jul 18, 2008
              The size requirements for a UG games day at this point make finding good locations hard to find. Keep in mind we need space for 250-250 people to play games as well as space to put games.

              If you think back to the last UG, we had a huge room and it was absolutely packed.

              Best,
              Craig

              Craig W. Massey
              cwmassey@...

              If this venue works for you, why would it not also work for Unity
              Games, which is looking for a location?

              On Jul 1, 2008, at 10:20 PM, mmajorowski wrote:

              > Hello my name is Mike Majorowski, a few years back i held a game
              > day in
              > a Holiday Inn in Dorchester MA, guess what it was called. Well it's
              > been too long and i am hoping to do it again this year, hopefully
              > early
              > to mid august. I am just throwing this notification out there to gauge
              > interest. We had a good number of people the last time around and the
              > game library has only grown. This will be in Stoughton MA, which is
              > easy to get to by T or to drive to and there is plenty of parking and
              > places to eat near by. We will be selling snacks as before but this
              > time we are making Falafel runs! I am contemplating having a rock band
              > game set up. It's not a board game but it's very fun. Tickets will be
              > available at the door and through PayPal. $10 sound ok?
              >
              > Shark Chocolate!

            • Adam Smiles
              Message 6 of 11 , Jul 18, 2008
                I don't believe Mike has mentioned on the list, but on his geeklist on BGG, Mike indicates that his event is first come first serve to a max of 75-100 people.

                We expect between 200-250 at summer UGs and 350 in the Winter Events. To date we have been unable to find a place that will both accomodate our size needs and our pricing structure. We have some leads about places for this winter and will let everyone know when we have a date and venue locked down for the next event.

                -Adam

                CC: yahoogroups@...: Unity_Games@yahoogroups.comFrom: yahoogroups@...: Sat, 12 Jul 2008 22:28:01 -0400Subject: Re: [Unity_Games] Major Game Day II

                If this venue works for you, why would it not also work for Unity Games, which is looking for a location?On Jul 1, 2008, at 10:20 PM, mmajorowski wrote:> Hello my name is Mike Majorowski, a few years back i held a game > day in> a Holiday Inn in Dorchester MA, guess what it was called. Well it's> been too long and i am hoping to do it again this year, hopefully > early> to mid august. I am just throwing this notification out there to gauge> interest. We had a good number of people the last time around and the> game library has only grown. This will be in Stoughton MA, which is> easy to get to by T or to drive to and there is plenty of parking and> places to eat near by. We will be selling snacks as before but this> time we are making Falafel runs! I am contemplating having a rock band> game set up. It's not a board game but it's very fun. Tickets will be> available at the door and through PayPal. $10 sound ok?>> Shark Chocolate!>>> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

              • mmajorowski
                Message 7 of 11 , Jul 18, 2008
                  right now UG events draw such a large crowd that it would be tough
                  to fit the expected attendance. however, the building has multiple
                  rooms that may rent them out for such an event.

                  --- In Unity_Games@yahoogroups.com, Gemini6Ice <yahoogroups@...>
                  wrote:

                  > If this venue works for you, why would it not also work for Unity
                  > Games, which is looking for a location?
                  >

                  > On Jul 1, 2008, at 10:20 PM, mmajorowski wrote:
                  >
                  > > Hello my name is Mike Majorowski, a few years back i held a
                  game
                  > > day in
                  > > a Holiday Inn in Dorchester MA, guess what it was called. Well
                  it's
                  > > been too long and i am hoping to do it again this year,
                  hopefully
                  > > early
                  > > to mid august. I am just throwing this notification out there to
                  gauge
                  > > interest. We had a good number of people the last time around
                  and the
                  > > game library has only grown. This will be in Stoughton MA, which
                  is
                  > > easy to get to by T or to drive to and there is plenty of
                  parking and
                  > > places to eat near by. We will be selling snacks as before but
                  this
                  > > time we are making Falafel runs! I am contemplating having a
                  rock band
                  > > game set up. It's not a board game but it's very fun. Tickets
                  will be
                  > > available at the door and through PayPal. $10 sound ok?
                  > >
                  > > Shark Chocolate!

                • mmajorowski
                  Message 8 of 11 , Jul 18, 2008
                    It's official. it's happening july 26th and august 23rd