Re: [Unity_Games] Major Game Day II

  • pldr
    Message 1 of 11 , Jul 1, 2008
      I went to the first one and would definitely go again.

      Pete de Rosa

      ----------
      From: mmajorowski <mmajorowski@...>
      To: Unity_Games@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [Unity_Games] Major Game Day II
      Date: Tuesday, July 01, 2008 10:20 PM

      Hello my name is Mike Majorowski, a few years back i held a game day
      in
      a Holiday Inn in Dorchester MA, guess what it was called. Well it's
      been too long and i am hoping to do it again this year, hopefully
      early
      to mid august. I am just throwing this notification out there to
      gauge
      interest. We had a good number of people the last time around and the

      game library has only grown. This will be in Stoughton MA, which is
      easy to get to by T or to drive to and there is plenty of parking and

      places to eat near by. We will be selling snacks as before but this
      time we are making Falafel runs! I am contemplating having a rock
      band
      game set up. It's not a board game but it's very fun. Tickets will be

      available at the door and through PayPal. $10 sound ok?

      Shark Chocolate!
    • Mathew Daigle
      Message 2 of 11 , Jul 2, 2008
        Just wanted to send out a reminder that this Saturday, July 5, 2008 is the
        last day to pre-register for all 3 days of ConnectiCon at the $40
        membership rate, the membership rate will increase to $50 to attend for
        all three days on July 6, 2008. Single day memberships are also available
        at the convention:

        Friday $25
        Saturday $35
        Sunday $20

        ConnectiCon 2008 will be held the weekend of August 1-3, 2008 at the
        Connecticut Convention Center in Hartford, CT. Convention hours are:

        Friday 8am - midnight
        Saturday 8am - midnight
        Sunday 8am - 6pm

        This year we've got ~75 tables set aside for board gaming, ~50 tables for
        RPG's, 16 - 4'W x 5'D tables for table top miniatures gaming, ~15 tables
        for CCG events. Our board game library has over 100 games, borrowing games
        is included with your membership. We do not sell event tickets, area
        badges, etc.

        ConnectiCon is mainly open gaming, and your membership badge includes
        participation in almost all of our events (some panels, workshops, and
        tournaments do have fees to help cover the cost of prize support).

        We've also got 200 console gaming set-ups, 4 screening rooms, 3 panel
        rooms, 2 workshop rooms, a 2,000 seat main events hall, a 20,000 sq. ft.
        dealer's room, a NERO LARP arena, a graphic novel library, and other areas
        of interest.

        Parking at the convention center is a flat rate $15 with unlimited in and
        out access (head out to many of the areas fine restaurants for lunch or
        dinner). Within 15 minutes driving distance there are: Red Lobster,
        Hooters, Ruby Tuesday, Ruth's Chris Steakhouse, Applebee's, Chili's,
        Friday's, Hops, Outback Steakhouse, I'm sure I've missed a few as far as
        the chain restaurants.

        I've attended the past 5 or 6 Unity Games and have enjoyed gaming with
        many of you, and I hope to see a few of you at ConnectiCon this year - it
        isn't "just" an anime convention.

        If you have any questions feel free to email me: m.daigle@...

        Thanks,

        Mathew Daigle
        Convention Chairman
        ConnectiCon 2008
        www.ConnectiCon.org
      • tddcutrona
        Message 3 of 11 , Jul 2, 2008
          I might be available and Stoughton is next door to me. When do you
          think you will know the date? Todd

          --- In Unity_Games@yahoogroups.com, "pldr" <pldr@...> wrote:

          > I went to the first one and would definitely go again.
          >
          > Pete de Rosa
          >
          > ----------
          > From: mmajorowski <mmajorowski@...>
          > To: Unity_Games@yahoogroups.com
          > Subject: [Unity_Games] Major Game Day II
          > Date: Tuesday, July 01, 2008 10:20 PM
          >
          > Hello my name is Mike Majorowski, a few years back i held a game day
          > in
          > a Holiday Inn in Dorchester MA, guess what it was called. Well it's
          > been too long and i am hoping to do it again this year, hopefully
          > early
          > to mid august. I am just throwing this notification out there to
          > gauge
          > interest. We had a good number of people the last time around and
          the

          > game library has only grown. This will be in Stoughton MA, which is
          > easy to get to by T or to drive to and there is plenty of parking
          and

          > places to eat near by. We will be selling snacks as before but this
          > time we are making Falafel runs! I am contemplating having a rock
          > band
          > game set up. It's not a board game but it's very fun. Tickets will
          be

          > available at the door and through PayPal. $10 sound ok?
          >
          > Shark Chocolate!

        • Dawn Townsend
          Message 4 of 11 , Jul 2, 2008
            Hi Mike!
            I would definitely go!
            Dawn :)

            >From: "pldr" <pldr@...>
            >To: <Unity_Games@yahoogroups.com>
            >Subject: Re: [Unity_Games] Major Game Day II
            >Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2008 02:34:05 -0400
            >
            >I went to the first one and would definitely go again.
            >
            >Pete de Rosa
            >
            >----------
            >From: mmajorowski <mmajorowski@...>
            >To: Unity_Games@yahoogroups.com
            >Subject: [Unity_Games] Major Game Day II
            >Date: Tuesday, July 01, 2008 10:20 PM
            >
            >Hello my name is Mike Majorowski, a few years back i held a game day
            >in
            >a Holiday Inn in Dorchester MA, guess what it was called. Well it's
            >been too long and i am hoping to do it again this year, hopefully
            >early
            >to mid august. I am just throwing this notification out there to
            >gauge
            >interest. We had a good number of people the last time around and the
            >
            >game library has only grown. This will be in Stoughton MA, which is
            >easy to get to by T or to drive to and there is plenty of parking and
            >
            >places to eat near by. We will be selling snacks as before but this
            >time we are making Falafel runs! I am contemplating having a rock
            >band
            >game set up. It's not a board game but it's very fun. Tickets will be
            >
            >available at the door and through PayPal. $10 sound ok?
            >
            >Shark Chocolate!

          • dlartigue
            Message 5 of 11 , Jul 5, 2008
              Hi Mike, I was at Major Game Day I and will happily be at MGD2 if you
              decide you have it.
            • Gemini6Ice
              Message 6 of 11 , Jul 12, 2008
                If this venue works for you, why would it not also work for Unity
                Games, which is looking for a location?

                On Jul 1, 2008, at 10:20 PM, mmajorowski wrote:

                > Hello my name is Mike Majorowski, a few years back i held a game
                > day in
                > a Holiday Inn in Dorchester MA, guess what it was called. Well it's
                > been too long and i am hoping to do it again this year, hopefully
                > early
                > to mid august. I am just throwing this notification out there to gauge
                > interest. We had a good number of people the last time around and the
                > game library has only grown. This will be in Stoughton MA, which is
                > easy to get to by T or to drive to and there is plenty of parking and
                > places to eat near by. We will be selling snacks as before but this
                > time we are making Falafel runs! I am contemplating having a rock band
                > game set up. It's not a board game but it's very fun. Tickets will be
                > available at the door and through PayPal. $10 sound ok?
                >
                > Shark Chocolate!

              • Craig Massey
                Message 7 of 11 , Jul 18, 2008
                  The size requirements for a UG games day at this point make finding good locations hard to find. Keep in mind we need space for 250-250 people to play games as well as space to put games.

                  If you think back to the last UG, we had a huge room and it was absolutely packed.

                  Best,
                  Craig

                  Craig W. Massey
                  cwmassey@...

                  If this venue works for you, why would it not also work for Unity
                  Games, which is looking for a location?

                  On Jul 1, 2008, at 10:20 PM, mmajorowski wrote:

                  > Hello my name is Mike Majorowski, a few years back i held a game
                  > day in
                  > a Holiday Inn in Dorchester MA, guess what it was called. Well it's
                  > been too long and i am hoping to do it again this year, hopefully
                  > early
                  > to mid august. I am just throwing this notification out there to gauge
                  > interest. We had a good number of people the last time around and the
                  > game library has only grown. This will be in Stoughton MA, which is
                  > easy to get to by T or to drive to and there is plenty of parking and
                  > places to eat near by. We will be selling snacks as before but this
                  > time we are making Falafel runs! I am contemplating having a rock band
                  > game set up. It's not a board game but it's very fun. Tickets will be
                  > available at the door and through PayPal. $10 sound ok?
                  >
                  > Shark Chocolate!

                • Adam Smiles
                  Message 8 of 11 , Jul 18, 2008
                    I don't believe Mike has mentioned on the list, but on his geeklist on BGG, Mike indicates that his event is first come first serve to a max of 75-100 people.

                    We expect between 200-250 at summer UGs and 350 in the Winter Events. To date we have been unable to find a place that will both accomodate our size needs and our pricing structure. We have some leads about places for this winter and will let everyone know when we have a date and venue locked down for the next event.

                    -Adam

                    CC: yahoogroups@...: Unity_Games@yahoogroups.comFrom: yahoogroups@...: Sat, 12 Jul 2008 22:28:01 -0400Subject: Re: [Unity_Games] Major Game Day II

                    If this venue works for you, why would it not also work for Unity Games, which is looking for a location?On Jul 1, 2008, at 10:20 PM, mmajorowski wrote:> Hello my name is Mike Majorowski, a few years back i held a game > day in> a Holiday Inn in Dorchester MA, guess what it was called. Well it's> been too long and i am hoping to do it again this year, hopefully > early> to mid august. I am just throwing this notification out there to gauge> interest. We had a good number of people the last time around and the> game library has only grown. This will be in Stoughton MA, which is> easy to get to by T or to drive to and there is plenty of parking and> places to eat near by. We will be selling snacks as before but this> time we are making Falafel runs! I am contemplating having a rock band> game set up. It's not a board game but it's very fun. Tickets will be> available at the door and through PayPal. $10 sound ok?>> Shark Chocolate!>>> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

                  • mmajorowski
                    Message 9 of 11 , Jul 18, 2008
                      right now UG events draw such a large crowd that it would be tough
                      to fit the expected attendance. however, the building has multiple
                      rooms that may rent them out for such an event.

                      --- In Unity_Games@yahoogroups.com, Gemini6Ice <yahoogroups@...>
                      wrote:

                      > If this venue works for you, why would it not also work for Unity
                      > Games, which is looking for a location?
                      >

                      > On Jul 1, 2008, at 10:20 PM, mmajorowski wrote:
                      >
                      > > Hello my name is Mike Majorowski, a few years back i held a
                      game
                      > > day in
                      > > a Holiday Inn in Dorchester MA, guess what it was called. Well
                      it's
                      > > been too long and i am hoping to do it again this year,
                      hopefully
                      > > early
                      > > to mid august. I am just throwing this notification out there to
                      gauge
                      > > interest. We had a good number of people the last time around
                      and the
                      > > game library has only grown. This will be in Stoughton MA, which
                      is
                      > > easy to get to by T or to drive to and there is plenty of
                      parking and
                      > > places to eat near by. We will be selling snacks as before but
                      this
                      > > time we are making Falafel runs! I am contemplating having a
                      rock band
                      > > game set up. It's not a board game but it's very fun. Tickets
                      will be
                      > > available at the door and through PayPal. $10 sound ok?
                      > >
                      > > Shark Chocolate!

                    • mmajorowski
                      Message 10 of 11 , Jul 18, 2008
                        It's official. it's happening july 26th and august 23rd