Major Game Day II

  • mmajorowski
    Message 1 of 11 , Jul 1, 2008
      Hello my name is Mike Majorowski, a few years back i held a game day in
      a Holiday Inn in Dorchester MA, guess what it was called. Well it's
      been too long and i am hoping to do it again this year, hopefully early
      to mid august. I am just throwing this notification out there to gauge
      interest. We had a good number of people the last time around and the
      game library has only grown. This will be in Stoughton MA, which is
      easy to get to by T or to drive to and there is plenty of parking and
      places to eat near by. We will be selling snacks as before but this
      time we are making Falafel runs! I am contemplating having a rock band
      game set up. It's not a board game but it's very fun. Tickets will be
      available at the door and through PayPal. $10 sound ok?

      Shark Chocolate!
    • pldr
      Message 2 of 11 , Jul 1, 2008
        I went to the first one and would definitely go again.

        Pete de Rosa

        ----------

        Message 3 of 11 , Jul 2, 2008
          Just wanted to send out a reminder that this Saturday, July 5, 2008 is the
          last day to pre-register for all 3 days of ConnectiCon at the $40
          membership rate, the membership rate will increase to $50 to attend for
          all three days on July 6, 2008. Single day memberships are also available
          at the convention:

          Friday $25
          Saturday $35
          Sunday $20

          ConnectiCon 2008 will be held the weekend of August 1-3, 2008 at the
          Connecticut Convention Center in Hartford, CT. Convention hours are:

          Friday 8am - midnight
          Saturday 8am - midnight
          Sunday 8am - 6pm

          This year we've got ~75 tables set aside for board gaming, ~50 tables for
          RPG's, 16 - 4'W x 5'D tables for table top miniatures gaming, ~15 tables
          for CCG events. Our board game library has over 100 games, borrowing games
          is included with your membership. We do not sell event tickets, area
          badges, etc.

          ConnectiCon is mainly open gaming, and your membership badge includes
          participation in almost all of our events (some panels, workshops, and
          tournaments do have fees to help cover the cost of prize support).

          We've also got 200 console gaming set-ups, 4 screening rooms, 3 panel
          rooms, 2 workshop rooms, a 2,000 seat main events hall, a 20,000 sq. ft.
          dealer's room, a NERO LARP arena, a graphic novel library, and other areas
          of interest.

          Parking at the convention center is a flat rate $15 with unlimited in and
          out access (head out to many of the areas fine restaurants for lunch or
          dinner). Within 15 minutes driving distance there are: Red Lobster,
          Hooters, Ruby Tuesday, Ruth's Chris Steakhouse, Applebee's, Chili's,
          Friday's, Hops, Outback Steakhouse, I'm sure I've missed a few as far as
          the chain restaurants.

          I've attended the past 5 or 6 Unity Games and have enjoyed gaming with
          many of you, and I hope to see a few of you at ConnectiCon this year - it
          isn't "just" an anime convention.

          If you have any questions feel free to email me: m.daigle@...

          Thanks,

          Mathew Daigle
          Convention Chairman
          ConnectiCon 2008
          www.ConnectiCon.org
        • tddcutrona
          Message 4 of 11 , Jul 2, 2008
            I might be available and Stoughton is next door to me. When do you
            think you will know the date? Todd

            --- In Unity_Games@yahoogroups.com, "pldr" <pldr@...> wrote:

            > I went to the first one and would definitely go again.
            >
            > Pete de Rosa
            >
            > ----------
            > From: mmajorowski <mmajorowski@...>
            > To: Unity_Games@yahoogroups.com
            > Subject: [Unity_Games] Major Game Day II
            > Date: Tuesday, July 01, 2008 10:20 PM
            >
            > Hello my name is Mike Majorowski, a few years back i held a game day
            > in
            > a Holiday Inn in Dorchester MA, guess what it was called. Well it's
            > been too long and i am hoping to do it again this year, hopefully
            > early
            > to mid august. I am just throwing this notification out there to
            > gauge
            > interest. We had a good number of people the last time around and
            the

            > game library has only grown. This will be in Stoughton MA, which is
            > easy to get to by T or to drive to and there is plenty of parking
            and

            > places to eat near by. We will be selling snacks as before but this
            > time we are making Falafel runs! I am contemplating having a rock
            > band
            > game set up. It's not a board game but it's very fun. Tickets will
            be

            > available at the door and through PayPal. $10 sound ok?
            >
            > Shark Chocolate!

          • Dawn Townsend
            Message 5 of 11 , Jul 2, 2008
              Hi Mike!
              I would definitely go!
              Dawn :)

              >From: "pldr" <pldr@...>
              >To: <Unity_Games@yahoogroups.com>
              >Subject: Re: [Unity_Games] Major Game Day II
              >Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2008 02:34:05 -0400
              >
              >I went to the first one and would definitely go again.
              >
              >Pete de Rosa
              >
              >----------
              >From: mmajorowski <mmajorowski@...>
              >To: Unity_Games@yahoogroups.com
              >Subject: [Unity_Games] Major Game Day II
              >Date: Tuesday, July 01, 2008 10:20 PM
              >
              >Hello my name is Mike Majorowski, a few years back i held a game day
              >in
              >a Holiday Inn in Dorchester MA, guess what it was called. Well it's
              >been too long and i am hoping to do it again this year, hopefully
              >early
              >to mid august. I am just throwing this notification out there to
              >gauge
              >interest. We had a good number of people the last time around and the
              >
              >game library has only grown. This will be in Stoughton MA, which is
              >easy to get to by T or to drive to and there is plenty of parking and
              >
              >places to eat near by. We will be selling snacks as before but this
              >time we are making Falafel runs! I am contemplating having a rock
              >band
              >game set up. It's not a board game but it's very fun. Tickets will be
              >
              >available at the door and through PayPal. $10 sound ok?
              >
              >Shark Chocolate!

            • dlartigue
              Message 6 of 11 , Jul 5, 2008
                Hi Mike, I was at Major Game Day I and will happily be at MGD2 if you
                decide you have it.
              • Gemini6Ice
                Message 7 of 11 , Jul 12, 2008
                  If this venue works for you, why would it not also work for Unity
                  Games, which is looking for a location?

                  On Jul 1, 2008, at 10:20 PM, mmajorowski wrote:

                  > Hello my name is Mike Majorowski, a few years back i held a game
                  > day in
                  > a Holiday Inn in Dorchester MA, guess what it was called. Well it's
                  > been too long and i am hoping to do it again this year, hopefully
                  > early
                  > to mid august. I am just throwing this notification out there to gauge
                  > interest. We had a good number of people the last time around and the
                  > game library has only grown. This will be in Stoughton MA, which is
                  > easy to get to by T or to drive to and there is plenty of parking and
                  > places to eat near by. We will be selling snacks as before but this
                  > time we are making Falafel runs! I am contemplating having a rock band
                  > game set up. It's not a board game but it's very fun. Tickets will be
                  > available at the door and through PayPal. $10 sound ok?
                  >
                  > Shark Chocolate!

                • Craig Massey
                  Message 8 of 11 , Jul 18, 2008
                    The size requirements for a UG games day at this point make finding good locations hard to find. Keep in mind we need space for 250-250 people to play games as well as space to put games.

                    If you think back to the last UG, we had a huge room and it was absolutely packed.

                    Best,
                    Craig

                    Craig W. Massey
                    cwmassey@...

                    If this venue works for you, why would it not also work for Unity
                    Games, which is looking for a location?

                    On Jul 1, 2008, at 10:20 PM, mmajorowski wrote:

                    > Hello my name is Mike Majorowski, a few years back i held a game
                    > day in
                    > a Holiday Inn in Dorchester MA, guess what it was called. Well it's
                    > been too long and i am hoping to do it again this year, hopefully
                    > early
                    > to mid august. I am just throwing this notification out there to gauge
                    > interest. We had a good number of people the last time around and the
                    > game library has only grown. This will be in Stoughton MA, which is
                    > easy to get to by T or to drive to and there is plenty of parking and
                    > places to eat near by. We will be selling snacks as before but this
                    > time we are making Falafel runs! I am contemplating having a rock band
                    > game set up. It's not a board game but it's very fun. Tickets will be
                    > available at the door and through PayPal. $10 sound ok?
                    >
                    > Shark Chocolate!

                  • Adam Smiles
                    Message 9 of 11 , Jul 18, 2008
                      I don't believe Mike has mentioned on the list, but on his geeklist on BGG, Mike indicates that his event is first come first serve to a max of 75-100 people.

                      We expect between 200-250 at summer UGs and 350 in the Winter Events. To date we have been unable to find a place that will both accomodate our size needs and our pricing structure. We have some leads about places for this winter and will let everyone know when we have a date and venue locked down for the next event.

                      -Adam

                      CC: yahoogroups@...: Unity_Games@yahoogroups.comFrom: yahoogroups@...: Sat, 12 Jul 2008 22:28:01 -0400Subject: Re: [Unity_Games] Major Game Day II

                      If this venue works for you, why would it not also work for Unity Games, which is looking for a location?On Jul 1, 2008, at 10:20 PM, mmajorowski wrote:> Hello my name is Mike Majorowski, a few years back i held a game > day in> a Holiday Inn in Dorchester MA, guess what it was called. Well it's> been too long and i am hoping to do it again this year, hopefully > early> to mid august. I am just throwing this notification out there to gauge> interest. We had a good number of people the last time around and the> game library has only grown. This will be in Stoughton MA, which is> easy to get to by T or to drive to and there is plenty of parking and> places to eat near by. We will be selling snacks as before but this> time we are making Falafel runs! I am contemplating having a rock band> game set up. It's not a board game but it's very fun. Tickets will be> available at the door and through PayPal. $10 sound ok?>> Shark Chocolate!>>> [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

                    • mmajorowski
                      Message 10 of 11 , Jul 18, 2008
                        right now UG events draw such a large crowd that it would be tough
                        to fit the expected attendance. however, the building has multiple
                        rooms that may rent them out for such an event.

                        --- In Unity_Games@yahoogroups.com, Gemini6Ice <yahoogroups@...>
                        wrote:

                        > If this venue works for you, why would it not also work for Unity
                        > Games, which is looking for a location?
                        >

                        > On Jul 1, 2008, at 10:20 PM, mmajorowski wrote:
                        >
                        > > Hello my name is Mike Majorowski, a few years back i held a
                        game
                        > > day in
                        > > a Holiday Inn in Dorchester MA, guess what it was called. Well
                        it's
                        > > been too long and i am hoping to do it again this year,
                        hopefully
                        > > early
                        > > to mid august. I am just throwing this notification out there to
                        gauge
                        > > interest. We had a good number of people the last time around
                        and the
                        > > game library has only grown. This will be in Stoughton MA, which
                        is
                        > > easy to get to by T or to drive to and there is plenty of
                        parking and
                        > > places to eat near by. We will be selling snacks as before but
                        this
                        > > time we are making Falafel runs! I am contemplating having a
                        rock band
                        > > game set up. It's not a board game but it's very fun. Tickets
                        will be
                        > > available at the door and through PayPal. $10 sound ok?
                        > >
                        > > Shark Chocolate!

                      • mmajorowski
                        Message 11 of 11 , Jul 18, 2008
                          It's official. it's happening july 26th and august 23rd