Buttery Birthday Party this Saturday (probably today by the time you get this)

  • Mark J. Dulcey
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 27, 2008
      Mea culpa, mea culpa... I was supposed to send out this announcement at
      the beginning of the week, but I don't think I ever did. Probably too
      late for most of you to plan your day around coming here, but at least I
      can reassure those of you who already knew about the party that it's
      actually happening.

      Hello, folks.

      As some of you may know, The Buttery holds its Birthday Party every year
      on the last Saturday in June -- and you're all invited. And so are your
      kids, your relatives, your friends and neighbors. If YOU like them,
      we'll probably like them too. This is the 30th birthday, the
      anniversary of our moving here in June 1978. People from those Olde
      Dayes will be especially welcome!

      This is not a purely gaming event, but some gaming happens. If you come
      and want to play games, more will happen :)

      We hope you will join us for a pot-luck party, Saturday, June 28, 1 pm
      to ???. Pot-luck means, everyone please bring something to eat or drink
      (we'll prime the pump as usual).

      Address: 24 Kenwood Street, Dorchester, MA. Reply or call 617-BUT-TERY
      for directions.

      The back yard terrain (it would be insulting to lawns everywhere to call
      it a lawn) will be available for croquet, or for just sitting around and
      schmoozing.

      There will be a kiddie pool on the front porch for kiddies and
      overheated grown-up feet.

      The piano was just tuned this month -- and please feel free to bring
      other instruments.

      As usual, children YES, pets NO (except companion animals), smokers
      OUTSIDE only.

      Hope to see you there!