RE: [Unity_Games] the next Unity Games

  • Jeff Michaud
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 8 11:35 AM
      At 02:21 PM 4/8/2008, you wrote:
      >Unity Games XV will not be held in Wakefield. In June, the hotel's conference center and 9 of the 18 holes on the golf course will begin the process of becoming condos. There is a small ballroom in the main hotel, but it is not large enough to accomodate our group.

      Bummer! Who in the world is building condos during a real estate down turn :(
      I hope it's not back to Framingham, though I guess it could be worse :(

      No hints though either where, or at least which month, it could be?

      Jeff
      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 20 5:51 AM
        Jeff Michaud <jeff.michaud@...> wrote:

        >Bummer! Who in the world is building condos during a real estate down turn :(
        >I hope it's not back to Framingham, though I guess it could be worse :(
        >
        >No hints though either where, or at least which month, it could be?

        I swear we have had our share of hotel adventures! We would
        rather let UGXV be a bit delayed (perhaps to the winter if need
        be) to try and find a hotel we can be in long-term and develop a
        good relationship with.

        So, no.. there is no hint we can give ;)

        Wanted: Old video games-Atari, Coleco, TI99, NES, SNES, Genesis
        daveber@...
      • Jim
        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 20 8:16 AM
          --- In Unity_Games@yahoogroups.com, Dave Bernazzani <daveber@...> wrote:

          > I swear we have had our share of hotel adventures! We would
          > rather let UGXV be a bit delayed (perhaps to the winter if need
          > be) to try and find a hotel we can be in long-term and develop a
          > good relationship with.
          >
          > So, no.. there is no hint we can give ;)

          There a Sheraton in South Portland, ME with a huge convention center
          (multiple rooms). The NABC runs regional bridge tournaments there.
          It's less than 1 mile from I95.
        • Mathew Daigle
          Message 4 of 8 , Apr 20 8:34 AM
            Have you looked into the Shriner's Auditorium in Wilmington, MA?

            They have decent space. Not quite as nice as a hotel, but still a good space.

            >Bummer! Who in the world is building condos during a real estate down turn :(
            >I hope it's not back to Framingham, though I guess it could be worse :(
            >
            >No hints though either where, or at least which month, it could be?

            I swear we have had our share of hotel adventures! We would
            rather let UGXV be a bit delayed (perhaps to the winter if need
            be) to try and find a hotel we can be in long-term and develop a
            good relationship with.

            So, no.. there is no hint we can give ;)

            Wanted: Old video games-Atari, Coleco, TI99, NES, SNES, Genesis
            daveber@...

          • Dan Blum
            Message 5 of 8 , Apr 20 8:41 AM

              > Have you looked into the Shriner's Auditorium in Wilmington, MA?
              >
              > They have decent space. Not quite as nice as a hotel, but still a good space.

              I don't know if it would really work for UG. It's all bare concrete and bleachers, so
              it gets really loud due to lack of sound baffling.

              Dan Blum tool@...