RE: [Unity_Games] the next Unity Games

  • Adam Smiles
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 8, 2008
      Unity Games XV has not been scheduled. When we have a date and location locked down, we'll let everyone know.

      Yes, anyone can show up. You save money by paying ahead of time, but you can always pay at the door. I suppose it's possible that we'll reach a maximum capacity, but we've done a good job finding locations that fit our expected attendance.

      Unity Games XV will not be held in Wakefield. In June, the hotel's conference center and 9 of the 18 holes on the golf course will begin the process of becoming condos. There is a small ballroom in the main hotel, but it is not large enough to accomodate our group.-Adam

      To: Unity_Games@yahoogroups.comFrom: david5272@...: Mon, 7 Apr 2008 19:07:52 +0000Subject: [Unity_Games] the next Unity Games

      Hello allI joined this group a while back...got into Memoir'44. Is the next Unity Games Unity XV scheduled?Can anyone show up? Will it be in the same place, Wakefield? thanksDavid (david5272@...)Newton,NH

    • Jeff Michaud
      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 8, 2008
        At 02:21 PM 4/8/2008, you wrote:
        >Unity Games XV will not be held in Wakefield. In June, the hotel's conference center and 9 of the 18 holes on the golf course will begin the process of becoming condos. There is a small ballroom in the main hotel, but it is not large enough to accomodate our group.

        Bummer! Who in the world is building condos during a real estate down turn :(
        I hope it's not back to Framingham, though I guess it could be worse :(

        No hints though either where, or at least which month, it could be?

        Jeff
        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 20, 2008
          Jeff Michaud <jeff.michaud@...> wrote:

          >Bummer! Who in the world is building condos during a real estate down turn :(
          >I hope it's not back to Framingham, though I guess it could be worse :(
          >
          >No hints though either where, or at least which month, it could be?

          I swear we have had our share of hotel adventures! We would
          rather let UGXV be a bit delayed (perhaps to the winter if need
          be) to try and find a hotel we can be in long-term and develop a
          good relationship with.

          So, no.. there is no hint we can give ;)

          Wanted: Old video games-Atari, Coleco, TI99, NES, SNES, Genesis
          daveber@...
        • Jim
          Message 4 of 8 , Apr 20, 2008
            --- In Unity_Games@yahoogroups.com, Dave Bernazzani <daveber@...> wrote:

            > I swear we have had our share of hotel adventures! We would
            > rather let UGXV be a bit delayed (perhaps to the winter if need
            > be) to try and find a hotel we can be in long-term and develop a
            > good relationship with.
            >
            > So, no.. there is no hint we can give ;)

            There a Sheraton in South Portland, ME with a huge convention center
            (multiple rooms). The NABC runs regional bridge tournaments there.
            It's less than 1 mile from I95.
          • Mathew Daigle
            Message 5 of 8 , Apr 20, 2008
              Have you looked into the Shriner's Auditorium in Wilmington, MA?

              They have decent space. Not quite as nice as a hotel, but still a good space.

              >Bummer! Who in the world is building condos during a real estate down turn :(
              >I hope it's not back to Framingham, though I guess it could be worse :(
              >
              >No hints though either where, or at least which month, it could be?

              I swear we have had our share of hotel adventures! We would
              rather let UGXV be a bit delayed (perhaps to the winter if need
              be) to try and find a hotel we can be in long-term and develop a
              good relationship with.

              So, no.. there is no hint we can give ;)

              Wanted: Old video games-Atari, Coleco, TI99, NES, SNES, Genesis
              daveber@...

            • Dan Blum
              Message 6 of 8 , Apr 20, 2008

                > Have you looked into the Shriner's Auditorium in Wilmington, MA?
                >
                > They have decent space. Not quite as nice as a hotel, but still a good space.

                I don't know if it would really work for UG. It's all bare concrete and bleachers, so
                it gets really loud due to lack of sound baffling.

                Dan Blum tool@...