Game Day at The Buttery, 3/16/2008, 3:00 pm

  • Unity_Games@yahoogroups.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 9, 2008
      Reminder from: Unity_Games Yahoo! Group

      Title: Game Day at The Buttery

      Date: Sunday March 16, 2008
      Time: 3:00 pm - 12:00 am
      Repeats: This event repeats every month on the third Sunday until Friday May 30, 2008.
      Next reminder: The next reminder for this event will be sent in 4 days, 3 minutes.
      Location: The Buttery, Dorchester MA
      Notes: GAMES AT THE BUTTERY

      Hello all,

      Now that fall is near, our monthly series of game days resumes on the third Sunday of every month through May. Please join us!

      Who: Anyone who enjoys playing board games, word games, cards, chess, checkers, backgammon, silly games, etc.

      When: Third Sunday of each month, September through May, starting at 3pm, and continuing until late. (Things usually break up somewhere between 10pm and midnight.) This month, it's September 16. November's game day on November 18 will be a National Game Week event; all that really means is that give some statistical info to the organizers (what games were played, and by how many people).

      Where: The Buttery, Dorchester MA. Contact mark@... for directions.

      What: Games such as mentioned above. Your favorite games, if you bring them and others want to play. We have several tables for simultaneous gaming, including one large table. We also have plenty of floor space for games that need to spread out, such as naval battles, Sorcerer's Cave, etc. We can provide small rooms for Diplomacy negotiations.

      Why: Just for the fun of it, of course!

      GROUND RULES:

      * Absolutely no smoking! No animals other than service animals.
      * We'll supply some soft drinks and chips. If you need your favorite snack or tipple to enjoy yourself, feel free to bring it -- but no hard liquor, please.
      * Some time in the evening, we'll send out for pizza and/or other snacks. Be prepared to pay for your share. If you prefer, you can bring your own food; we have a microwave oven available to reheat it.
      * Well behaved children of all ages are welcome, but the house is NOT childproof. Children too young to join in the general games are encouraged to bring their own quiet amusements or books. Children who distract or annoy their parents and/or other gamers are not particularly welcome.

      Since the first games will form up about 3:00 pm, arrival between 2:30 and 3:00 will increase your chances of getting in on a gam

    • Unity_Games@yahoogroups.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 13, 2008