MVGA - Thursday 3-6-08

  • acgreenwald
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 7 7:47 AM
      We had only light attendance this night as travel for work kept many
      regulars away. Mike and Anton arrived first and started with Race for
      the Galaxy (RftG) now the club favorite. Mike won by 2 points with
      production/double VP strategy while Anton built large military
      worlds.

      Richard arrived and we played Amun-Re that Mike wanted to try. Rich
      likes (and usually wins) this game. He repeated history beating Mike
      by about 10 and Anton by 12. Mike does not like blind bidding and
      Anton does not do well in bidding games so this one was not their
      favorite. Richard's key tothe win was getting both bonuses for most
      pyramids in the first era.

      Next game was Alahambra (spelling probably not correct here). We
      played the standard game adding only the "change". This game had an
      unusual turn in that it ended before the second scoring tile came out.
      Maybe we were more efficient in bidding. Mike won by about 10 points
      with Rich another 10 behind Anton. Richard would have fared worse if
      the exra scoring round were included as he had the fewest walls (about
      10) compared to 18 for Anton and 23 for Mike. Normally we play this
      game with 4 or 5 and it is much tougher to get what you need.

      Anton had to leave early and Rich and Mike finished with another game
      of RftG. For those who believe that this game is like multiplayer
      solitaire - you are not watching what actions your opponent plays.

      Anton