Re: [Unity_Games] OT: Gary Gygax passed away at 69

  • IGiveIn@aol.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 4, 2008
      OOTS (D&D web-comic) tribute: _http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0536.html_
      (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0536.html)

      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 5, 2008
        I've been playing D&D since about 1978 (Red and Blue boxed editions)
        and later in 1980 picked up the AD&D books which still sit proudly on
        my library shelves in my house. Currently, I've been involved with a
        3.5 campaign with a group that has been meeting in my house for the
        past 5 years. The amount of joy and imaginative fantasy play that I've
        gotten from the game over the years is simply immeasurable (though the
        system, I've always felt, is far less important than the friends at
        the table). I'm definitely saddened to hear that Gary passed away -
        but it was great to read that he was STILL hosting regular weekly D&D
        games in his home as recently as January. I hope I'm doing the same
        when I'm nearly 70!!

        daveber@...
        www.unitygames.org
      • Mark J. Edwards
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 5, 2008
          At 08:00 AM 3/5/2008, Dave Bernazzani wrote:
          ><snip>
          >but it was great to read that he was STILL hosting regular weekly D&D
          >games in his home as recently as January. I hope I'm doing the same
          >when I'm nearly 70!!

          I'm in!

          "Logan... you renewed!"
          Francis-7

        • IGiveIn@aol.com
          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 6, 2008
            Actually, that's not STRICTLY true - he was hosting weekly Lejendary Adventures games.? He pretty much abandoned D&D except at rare convention appearances after New Infinities folded AFAICT.

            ><snip>
            >but it was great to read that he was STILL hosting regular weekly D&D
            >games in his home as recently as January. I hope I'm doing the same
            >when I'm nearly 70!!

            At 08:00 AM 3/5/2008, Dave Bernazzani wrote:
            ><snip>
            >but it was great to read that he was STILL hosting regular weekly D&D
            >games in his home as recently as January. I hope I'm doing the same
            >when I'm nearly 70!!

            I'm in!

            "Logan... you renewed!"
            Francis-7