Two new games at Unity games

  • Craig Brooks
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 9, 2008
      Howdy everybody!

      I've been working for Winning Moves Games for a little bit part time and
      helping them with their fairly new hobby games line called Immortal Eyes
      Games. After talking to my bosses about some of the new games we have
      coming out, we all decided it'd be a cool idea to bring a few with us to
      Unity Games and let everyone try them out!

      Neither of the games has been officially announced yet, so it's sort of a
      super early preview of them both.

      One is a reprint of an old Gamut of Games economy game called Cartel (BGG
      link: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/game/507). The other is a new game from
      Winning Moves Germany that Winning Moves USA is looking into importing
      called Vineta. We will have them there most of the day and would love to
      get a few plays in! If you're interested, let me know so we can figure out
      when would be the best time to get in a game with everyone!

      Thanks and see you all at UG!

      --
      Craig Brooks
      Marketing Assistant
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 9, 2008

        > Howdy everybody!
        >
        > I've been working for Winning Moves Games for a little bit part time and
        > helping them with their fairly new hobby games line called Immortal Eyes
        > Games. After talking to my bosses about some of the new games we have
        > coming out, we all decided it'd be a cool idea to bring a few with us to
        > Unity Games and let everyone try them out!
        >
        > Neither of the games has been officially announced yet, so it's sort of a
        > super early preview of them both.
        >
        > One is a reprint of an old Gamut of Games economy game called Cartel (BGG
        > link: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/game/507). The other is a new game from
        > Winning Moves Germany that Winning Moves USA is looking into importing
        > called Vineta. We will have them there most of the day and would love to
        > get a few plays in! If you're interested, let me know so we can figure out
        > when would be the best time to get in a game with everyone!

        Is the new Cartel the same as the old Cartel, the same as Priceless (the first
        Winning Moves reprint of Cartel), or different from both of those?

        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 9, 2008
          Cartel!!! WooT!!! I'm there!

          At 12:07 PM 1/9/2008, Craig Brooks wrote:
          >One is a reprint of an old Gamut of Games economy game called Cartel (BGG
          >link:
          ><http://www.boardgamegeek.com/game/507>http://www.boardgamegeek.com/game/507).
          >The other is a new game from
          >Winning Moves Germany that Winning Moves USA is looking into importing
          >called Vineta. We will have them there most of the day and would love to
          >get a few plays in! If you're interested, let me know so we can figure out
          >when would be the best time to get in a game with everyone!

          "Sokath, his eyes uncovered"

        • Mark Edwards
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 9, 2008
            At 12:32 PM 1/9/2008, Dan Blum wrote:

            >Is the new Cartel the same as the old Cartel, the same as Priceless (the first
            >Winning Moves reprint of Cartel), or different from both of those?

            I sure hope it's the former.

            "Sokath, his eyes uncovered"
          • Craig Brooks
            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 9, 2008
              This is based off the original version. There are no event cards like what
              Priceless had. We had talked about adding them (and still might as a
              variant), but it seemed like many people on BGG and from what we had
              remembered didn't like the event cards, as they tended to add to much
              randomness.

              And awesome...glad to have some interest already! I look forward to meeting
              you on the financial battlefield, sir!