An Announcement

  • Tami
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 6, 2008
      Hi all-

      It is with sadness that I make this announcement, because I very much
      enjoy the amount and quality of gaming available here in New England.

      However, this upcoming Unity Games will more than likely be my last,
      as I am moving to Indiana. In fact, I'm scheduled to move the day
      after UG, so I will also be leaving the event fairly early- probably
      shortly after dinner.

      I hope to get in games with many of you, but know that it will be
      close to impossible to get in games with everyone I'd like to. I will
      still be attending other events throughout the year, and will be able
      to see some of you at those events.

      In my "new life," I will be living near several friends who are into
      gaming, but have yet to be exposed to "our style" of gaming.
      (Luckily, their favorite game is "Life", which is many steps above
      Monopoly, IMO, and they are more than interested in learning *MY*
      games!) So, I feel as though I'm a bit of a missionary, going out to
      convert the masses... LOL

      At any rate, I wanted to announce it here, so that I could say goodbye
      to those of you who won't be at UG, or who will only be there late.

      I will have some bags available for sale, and hopefully will sell them
      all, so I don't have to figure out where to pack them at the last minute!

      Tami
    • Phil Alberg
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 6, 2008
        On Jan 6, 2008 9:03 AM, Tami <yatcher@...> wrote:
        > It is with sadness that I make this announcement, because I very much
        > enjoy the amount and quality of gaming available here in New England.

        I, too, am sad to see you go. Hopefully this new start will improve
        many things in your life. Just because you're leaving the area
        doesn't mean you're leaving the UG community. We'll always be here
        for you.

        > However, this upcoming Unity Games will more than likely be my last,
        > as I am moving to Indiana. In fact, I'm scheduled to move the day
        > after UG, so I will also be leaving the event fairly early- probably
        > shortly after dinner.
        >
        > I hope to get in games with many of you, but know that it will be
        > close to impossible to get in games with everyone I'd like to. I will
        > still be attending other events throughout the year, and will be able
        > to see some of you at those events.

        Is 9am too early to start Reef Encounters of the Second Kind? I'd
        love to try this one with you again.

        > In my "new life," I will be living near several friends who are into
        > gaming, but have yet to be exposed to "our style" of gaming.
        > (Luckily, their favorite game is "Life", which is many steps above
        > Monopoly, IMO, and they are more than interested in learning *MY*
        > games!) So, I feel as though I'm a bit of a missionary, going out to
        > convert the masses... LOL

        And the first thought that hit me was wondering how successful you'd
        be in converting the masses from the missionary position. *SMACK*
        Ouch! I deserved that...

        > At any rate, I wanted to announce it here, so that I could say goodbye
        > to those of you who won't be at UG, or who will only be there late.
        >
        > I will have some bags available for sale, and hopefully will sell them
        > all, so I don't have to figure out where to pack them at the last minute!

        WAIT! Can't you, like, pack all the bags within another bag? ;-)

        See you soon!

        - Phil

        --
        Eastern MA Gaming
        http://www.unitygames.org/

        "But how do you plan for a bank full of nuns?"

        important, not the winning."
        - Reiner Knizia
      • Craig B
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 6, 2008
          I echo Phil's sentiments. You will be missed. Who am I going to trade with now? ;)

          I hope the move goes well and wish you all the very best of luck. And, if nothing else, you're closer to Gen Con now! :)

[...]

          Yahoo! Groups Links

        • Kathy Tompkins
          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 7, 2008
            Hey yeah, I am totally in for Reef Encounter! Let's reprise our Oasis
            game...

            Message 5 of 7 , Jan 8, 2008
              On Jan 6, 2008 9:03 AM, Tami <yatcher@...> wrote:
              > It is with sadness that I make this announcement, because I very much
              > enjoy the amount and quality of gaming available here in New England.

              In the immortal words of my hero... KAAAAAAAHN!

              Say it isn't so Tami! We'll certainly miss you here in the NE region -
              you've been a staple at many gaming events over the years - especially
              the big UG events but also SSG and GSG which I've been fortunate
              enough to play games with you at. Good luck in... um...
              Manning-country (ugg!).

              daveber@...
              www.unitygames.org
            • Tami
              Message 6 of 7 , Jan 8, 2008
                > Say it isn't so Tami! We'll certainly miss you here in the NE region -
                > you've been a staple at many gaming events over the years - especially
                > the big UG events but also SSG and GSG which I've been fortunate

                Thanks, Dave, and everyone else who has said they'll miss me and have
                wished me well, both on the list and personally. I'm definitely going
                to miss all of you, but there's still the "big" gaming events that I
                attend... April, June, September... and if you ever make UG into a
                2-day event, I'll definitely be out here for that, if I can.

                > enough to play games with you at. Good luck in... um...
                > Manning-country (ugg!).

                Yes, definitely the worst part of moving to Indiana... and boy do I
                despise that man. I should try to get a Brady shirt before I go. And
                more Pats shirts- I only have 2. But a Brady jersey would be awesome!

                Tami
              • IGiveIn@aol.com
                Message 7 of 7 , Jan 9, 2008
                  In a message dated 1/6/2008 9:03:48 AM Eastern Standard Time,
                  yatcher@... writes:

                  In my "new life," I will be living near several friends who are into
                  gaming, but have yet to be exposed to "our style" of gaming.
                  (Luckily, their favorite game is "Life", which is many steps above
                  Monopoly, IMO, and they are more than interested in learning *MY*
                  games!) So, I feel as though I'm a bit of a missionary, going out to
                  convert the masses... LOL

                  Which part of Indiana? I know there's a fairly active board game "sub
                  group" under Game Base 7 in the Chicagoland area...