Re: [Unity_Games] UGXIV - Front Table Volunteers Needed!

  • Jeffrey Henning
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 5, 2008

      I can volunteer for any slot that works for you, though I have a question others may also have. When will lunch be? Is it a set time or a range? I can do any time slot but then, as I will want to get my teenage sons lunch.

      - Jeffrey
      jeffrey@...
      http://www.troypress.com/

      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 5, 2008
        Jeffrey Henning wrote:

        > I can volunteer for any slot that works for you, though I have a
        > question others may also have. When will lunch be? Is it a set time
        > or a range? I can do any time slot but then, as I will want to get
        > my teenage sons lunch.

        Jeff, lunch is any time you want it to be. The entire day is open
        gaming, with nothing planned other than the teaching schedule from 9am
        to 3pm, with a few different games being taught in two-hour time slots
        throughout that period. (I'm teaching Agricola at 10am, for example,
        with an introductory family game to be followed by a full game with cards.)

        Some people arrange start times for longer games, but most folks just
        arrive and see who wants to play what. Some people bring snacks, others
        buy food on the premises, and others go out to eat.

        Eric

        --
        W. Eric Martin
        Editor, http://www.BoardgameNews.com
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 5, 2008
          Eric is partially correct. Yes the day is fairly unstructured and people are welcome to leave the hotel to eat whenever they get the urge.

          One of the changes with our new venue (starting with UG13) is that the hotel has set up a food cart in the lobby. The cart is not open all day. From memory the cart was open either 11-1 or 12-2 and then again from 5-7.

          At some point in the week before the event, Pitt will confirm all the details with the hotel and will announce on this list the exact hours that the hotel will be serving food, and if it's available the menu of items they are serving.

          Jeff, the cart is open for multiple hours, so it shouldn't prevent you for volunteering at the front desk and getting your kids some lunch.

          -Adam

          http://www.unitygames.org/ugxiv/ugxiv.htm

        • tddcutrona
          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 6, 2008
            Dave,

            I should be able to help at the Front Table in the late afternoon.
            The 3 or 4pm shift, as long as it does not conflict with Wizard. :)

            Thanks and I hope to see you at SSG this week.

            Todd Cutrona

            --- In Unity_Games@yahoogroups.com, Dave Bernazzani <daveber@...>

            Message 5 of 7 , Jan 9, 2008
              "Jeffrey Henning" <jeffrey@...> wrote:

              >You substituting PM for AM, making the same mistake I did in my poll

              Heh! I hate doing that ;)

              >I can volunteer for any slot that works for you

              I'll add you to the volunteer list and when I get the final list
              of volunteers I'll send out the schedule. Thanks!

              Message 6 of 7 , Jan 10, 2008
                Dave,

                I can volunteer for an afternoon shift, but I would like to be able to
                participate in the Wizard tournament. Let me know what shift will not
                conflict and I will be there.

                See you at SSG on Monday.

                Thanks,

                Todd