UGXIV - Front Table Volunteers Needed!

    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 5, 2008
      OK... this is really important... we are in need of some able
      bodies to help man the front table for 1-hour timeslots starting
      at 11PM. We hope to have a huge volunteer force for this -
      meaning that we can keep 2 people together at the front table
      until late afternoon. The front desk tends to get manned by the
      same few people who volunteer each event - but we WELCOME new
      blood and would love to expand the help for the task. Ask those
      who have done it - it's not too hard. At UGXIII the front table
      volunteers were very much appreciated - and we look forward to
      having a great set of volunteers for this event. One hour isn't
      much time to give up and you earn some big karma for helping
      staff the event!

      So... if you can help please indicate which timeslot(s) would be
      good for you. The timeslots are:

      11PM-Noon
      Noon-1PM
      1PM-2PM
      2PM-3PM
      3PM-4PM
      4PM-5PM

      If you have contacted me before about volunteering, please
      respond again with the timeslots you would be available. One
      timeslot is great - if you take two that's above and beyond the
      call of duty but will not be refused!

      Wanted: Old video games-Atari, Coleco, TI99, NES, SNES, Genesis
      daveber@...
    • Jeffrey Henning
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 5, 2008
        You substituting PM for AM, making the same mistake I did in my poll (still looking for your vote! - http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/Unity_Games/surveys?id=2633602).

        I can volunteer for any slot that works for you, though I have a question others may also have. When will lunch be? Is it a set time or a range? I can do any time slot but then, as I will want to get my teenage sons lunch.

        - Jeffrey
        jeffrey@...
        http://www.troypress.com/

        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 5, 2008
          Jeffrey Henning wrote:

          > I can volunteer for any slot that works for you, though I have a
          > question others may also have. When will lunch be? Is it a set time
          > or a range? I can do any time slot but then, as I will want to get
          > my teenage sons lunch.

          Jeff, lunch is any time you want it to be. The entire day is open
          gaming, with nothing planned other than the teaching schedule from 9am
          to 3pm, with a few different games being taught in two-hour time slots
          throughout that period. (I'm teaching Agricola at 10am, for example,
          with an introductory family game to be followed by a full game with cards.)

          Some people arrange start times for longer games, but most folks just
          arrive and see who wants to play what. Some people bring snacks, others
          buy food on the premises, and others go out to eat.

          Eric

          --
          W. Eric Martin
          Editor, http://www.BoardgameNews.com
          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 5, 2008
            Eric is partially correct. Yes the day is fairly unstructured and people are welcome to leave the hotel to eat whenever they get the urge.

            One of the changes with our new venue (starting with UG13) is that the hotel has set up a food cart in the lobby. The cart is not open all day. From memory the cart was open either 11-1 or 12-2 and then again from 5-7.

            At some point in the week before the event, Pitt will confirm all the details with the hotel and will announce on this list the exact hours that the hotel will be serving food, and if it's available the menu of items they are serving.

            Jeff, the cart is open for multiple hours, so it shouldn't prevent you for volunteering at the front desk and getting your kids some lunch.

            -Adam

            http://www.unitygames.org/ugxiv/ugxiv.htm

          • tddcutrona
            Message 5 of 7 , Jan 6, 2008
              Dave,

              I should be able to help at the Front Table in the late afternoon.
              The 3 or 4pm shift, as long as it does not conflict with Wizard. :)

              Thanks and I hope to see you at SSG this week.

              Todd Cutrona

              --- In Unity_Games@yahoogroups.com, Dave Bernazzani <daveber@...>

              Message 6 of 7 , Jan 9, 2008
                "Jeffrey Henning" <jeffrey@...> wrote:

                >You substituting PM for AM, making the same mistake I did in my poll

                Heh! I hate doing that ;)

                >I can volunteer for any slot that works for you

                I'll add you to the volunteer list and when I get the final list
                of volunteers I'll send out the schedule. Thanks!

                Message 7 of 7 , Jan 10, 2008
                  Dave,

                  I can volunteer for an afternoon shift, but I would like to be able to
                  participate in the Wizard tournament. Let me know what shift will not
                  conflict and I will be there.

                  See you at SSG on Monday.

                  Thanks,

                  Todd