Re: [Unity_Games] Question about gamers in Southeastern Massachusetts area

  • Ben Reck
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 2, 2008
      Even though there's a vast world of games ... as one quick glance at Boardgames Geek will reveal, some of the traditional card games are perfect for teen-gaming clubs. Typically, you have limited time for a club and many games require extensive set-up and put-away time (let alone time to play). When I was in high school, I was your typical honors student and I found refuge in a bridge-playing club (the organizer called it The Truffle Club). I've loved bridge ever since. Hearts and spades are also options for strategic card games. Bridge is easy to teach and teaches so much:

      --communication between partners
      --advanced planning
      --situational awareness
      --good and bad risks

      So that's what I'd recommend to start: teach the kids to play bridge. As a traditional game, it's more in line with your predisposition and strength; and you should always teach to your strength. You can branch out from there. -- Ben