Re: [Unity_Games] Darjeeling from Rio Grande and Key Largo from Titanic

  • Jeff Michaud
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 11 12:57 PM
      At 03:36 PM 12/11/2007, you wrote:

      >Hello all
      >
      >Has anyone developed an opinion about Darjeeling from Rio Grande Games?
      >
      >OR
      >Key Largo from Titanic Games by Randles
      >
      >Thanks
      >David

      Hi David,

      There are a couple reviews for each over at
      www.boardgamegeek.com

      Looks like Darjeeling is so-so, and Key Largo is not
      being received well.

      Maybe you'll get a chance to play them at UG-14 now less
      than 7 weeks ago!

      Jeff
    • W. Eric Martin
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 11 1:10 PM
        David,

        > Has anyone developed an opinion about Darjeeling from Rio Grande Games?
        >
        > OR
        > Key Largo from Titanic Games by Randles

        Darjeeling was only recently sent to distributors by RGG, so people have
        not had a chance to play, except on imported German copies.

        The release date for Titanic's Key Largo is now January 2008, so you
        won't see this version of the game available for another month, if that.

        For more game release dates and information, you can check out Gone
        Cardboard on Boardgame News:
        http://www.boardgamenews.com/index.php/boardgamenews/C50/

        Regards,

        Eric

        --
        W. Eric Martin
        Editor, http://www.BoardgameNews.com
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 11 5:05 PM
          I'll echo Eric's sentiments here as well. With the game just hitting stores this week, I would wait and see how the opinions on Darjeeling shape up. I would view the early reviews referenced on BGG with this in mind and not put all that much stock in them.

          I'm willing to bet that a copy or two of Darjeeling will show up at UG XIV in a little over a month giving you a great opportunity to try it before buying.

          best,
          Craig

          Craig W. Massey
          cwmassey@...

          > Has anyone developed an opinion about Darjeeling from Rio Grande Games?

          > OR

          > Key Largo from Titanic Games by Randles

          Darjeeling was only recently sent to distributors by RGG, so people have

          not had a chance to play, except on imported German copies.

          The release date for Titanic's Key Largo is now January 2008, so you

          won't see this version of the game available for another month, if that.

          For more game release dates and information, you can check out Gone

          Cardboard on Boardgame News:

          http://www.boardgam enews.com/ index.php/ boardgamenews/ C50/

          Regards,

          Eric