Darjeeling from Rio Grande and Key Largo from Titanic

  • David Tassinari
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 11, 2007
      Hello all

      Has anyone developed an opinion about Darjeeling from Rio Grande Games?

      OR
      Key Largo from Titanic Games by Randles

      Thanks
      David
    • Jeff Michaud
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 11, 2007
        At 03:36 PM 12/11/2007, you wrote:

        >Hello all
        >
        >Has anyone developed an opinion about Darjeeling from Rio Grande Games?
        >
        >OR
        >Key Largo from Titanic Games by Randles
        >
        >Thanks
        >David

        Hi David,

        There are a couple reviews for each over at
        www.boardgamegeek.com

        Looks like Darjeeling is so-so, and Key Largo is not
        being received well.

        Maybe you'll get a chance to play them at UG-14 now less
        than 7 weeks ago!

        Jeff
      • W. Eric Martin
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 11, 2007
          David,

          > Has anyone developed an opinion about Darjeeling from Rio Grande Games?
          >
          > OR
          > Key Largo from Titanic Games by Randles

          Darjeeling was only recently sent to distributors by RGG, so people have
          not had a chance to play, except on imported German copies.

          The release date for Titanic's Key Largo is now January 2008, so you
          won't see this version of the game available for another month, if that.

          For more game release dates and information, you can check out Gone
          Cardboard on Boardgame News:
          http://www.boardgamenews.com/index.php/boardgamenews/C50/

          Regards,

          Eric

          --
          W. Eric Martin
          Editor, http://www.BoardgameNews.com
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 11, 2007
            I'll echo Eric's sentiments here as well. With the game just hitting stores this week, I would wait and see how the opinions on Darjeeling shape up. I would view the early reviews referenced on BGG with this in mind and not put all that much stock in them.

            I'm willing to bet that a copy or two of Darjeeling will show up at UG XIV in a little over a month giving you a great opportunity to try it before buying.

            best,
            Craig

            Craig W. Massey
            cwmassey@...

            > Has anyone developed an opinion about Darjeeling from Rio Grande Games?

            > OR

            > Key Largo from Titanic Games by Randles

            Darjeeling was only recently sent to distributors by RGG, so people have

            not had a chance to play, except on imported German copies.

            The release date for Titanic's Key Largo is now January 2008, so you

            won't see this version of the game available for another month, if that.

            For more game release dates and information, you can check out Gone

            Cardboard on Boardgame News:

            http://www.boardgam enews.com/ index.php/ boardgamenews/ C50/

            Regards,

            Eric