UG XIV Charity Auction

  • Craig Massey
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 9, 2007
      Hi Everyone,

      Just a quick note announcing the 3rd annual UG Charity Game Auction. At the past two winter UG events, the Unity Games community has raised over $2,500 in support of a few local charities including the Jimmy Fund.

      At UG XIV we will once again run a silent auction of numerous lots of games throughout the day. The auction will run from 9:30am until 5pm. Attendees may bid on lots throughout the day with the winners taking home new games for a great cause. Once again, all proceeds raised will go to the Jimmy Fund.

      We are busy trying to put together a great set of lots for the auction with new and old games. If you have any games that you are interested in donating for the auction, please contact me off list with the games and condition. We are being rather picky about what is being offered so please don't use this as an opportunity to clean out the game shelves of stuff you can't give away. With a little luck and effort, we hope to post a list of the lots before UG XIV commences.

      If you have any other questions about the event, please don't hesitate to contact me.

      Looking forward to seeing everyone at UG XIV. The generous spirit of the UG community is fantastic and we have no doubt we'll have another very successful auction.

      All the best,
      Craig

      Craig W. Massey
      cwmassey@...

    • Tery Noseworthy
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 10, 2007
        Hi Craig,

        We can donate a copy of the Antonio Gaudi Tile Game - I have never been able
        to figure out its value, but apparently it's somewhat rare and in demand. We
        can possibly chip in a couple of other games, but I'd have to look through
        our collection - any other donations would probably be smaller.

        Tery

        On 12/9/07, Craig Massey <cwmassey@...> wrote:

        > Hi Everyone,
        >
        > Just a quick note announcing the 3rd annual UG Charity Game Auction. At
        > the past two winter UG events, the Unity Games community has raised over
        > $2,500 in support of a few local charities including the Jimmy Fund.
        >
        > At UG XIV we will once again run a silent auction of numerous lots of
        > games throughout the day. The auction will run from 9:30am until 5pm.
        > Attendees may bid on lots throughout the day with the winners taking home
        > new games for a great cause. Once again, all proceeds raised will go to the
        > Jimmy Fund.
        >
        > We are busy trying to put together a great set of lots for the auction
        > with new and old games. If you have any games that you are interested in
        > donating for the auction, please contact me off list with the games and
        > condition. We are being rather picky about what is being offered so please
        > don't use this as an opportunity to clean out the game shelves of stuff you
        > can't give away. With a little luck and effort, we hope to post a list of
        > the lots before UG XIV commences.
        >
        > If you have any other questions about the event, please don't hesitate to
        > contact me.
        >
        > Looking forward to seeing everyone at UG XIV. The generous spirit of the
        > UG community is fantastic and we have no doubt we'll have another very
        > successful auction.
        >
        > All the best,
        > Craig
        >
        > Craig W. Massey
        > cwmassey@... <cwmassey%40yahoo.com>

        "It was a dark and stormy nightmare." -Neil Gaiman