Great interview about Unity Games with Dave

  • Preston Fuller
    Message 1 of 11 , Aug 7, 2007
      Thought I would share this interview I heard with Dave about the
      history and future of Unity Games. Good job Dave!

      http://www.littlewoodencubist.com/
      Message 2 of 11 , Aug 7, 2007
        On 8/7/07, Preston Fuller <preacher4hire@...> wrote:
        > Thought I would share this interview I heard with Dave about the
        > history and future of Unity Games. Good job Dave!
        >
        > http://www.littlewoodencubist.com/

        Thanks Preston - I had a great time doing the interview with Charley
        and it was very conversational and relaxed. Charley puts on a good
        podcast about boardgaming - people should check it out!

        daveber@...
        www.unitygames.org
      • Jeff Michaud
        Message 3 of 11 , Aug 7, 2007
          At 08:31 AM 8/7/2007, you wrote:

          >Thought I would share this interview I heard with Dave about the
          >history and future of Unity Games. Good job Dave!
          >
          ><http://www.littlewoodencubist.com/>http://www.littlewoodencubist.com/

          Any chance someone who listened to it could give a quick synopsis
          of the future of UG?

          Thanks!

          Jeff
        • Mark Edwards
          Message 4 of 11 , Aug 7, 2007
            At 08:37 AM 8/7/2007, Dave Bernazzani wrote:

            >On 8/7/07, Preston Fuller
            ><<mailto:preacher4hire%40yahoo.com>preacher4hire@...> wrote:
            > > Thought I would share this interview I heard with Dave about the
            > > history and future of Unity Games. Good job Dave!
            > >
            > > <http://www.littlewoodencubist.com/>http://www.littlewoodencubist.com/
            >
            >Thanks Preston - I had a great time doing the interview with Charley
            >and it was very conversational and relaxed. Charley puts on a good
            >podcast about boardgaming - people should check it out!

            Friendship through gaming?!? MY ASS!!!

            We don't use that phrase anymore because now there's the appended bit.
            Someday Charley I'll tell you the *real* story behind Unity Games. Heheheh.

            Great interview guys. It's got me all psyched up for Saturday!

            "Sokath, his eyes uncovered"

          • Terry Egan
            Message 5 of 11 , Aug 7, 2007
              A huge assortment of games available for delivery at
              UG XIII on Saturday. Since several games sales have
              gone before, breaking budgets, 75 of the games below
              are priced at $5 or less (really, that's the reason
              ... it's got nothing at all to do with a burning
              desire to do some closet cleaning!). First to the
              buffet table, first served. Please respond directly to
              me (Terry Egan) at cardsharp_100@....

              Unless otherwise noted, all games are used, complete,
              in English (or multi-language editions with English)
              and in good condition (light shelf or better).

              German-language editions are noted (for many of these
              older titles, there is no English edition). English
              translations are provided in all cases, and components
              are language-independent (no text on cards, etc.)
              unless otherwise noted.

              $15 Games

              Risk 2210 – Hasbro/Avalon Hill – new in shrinkwrap

              $10 Games

              Kula Kula – Blatz – German – unplayed/cards in
              shrinkwrap
              Ringgeister – Queen Games – German
              Submarine – Leo Colovini – Rio Grande Games – new in
              shrinkwrap
              Totem – Queen Games – German

              $8 Games

              Lord of the Rings: The Confrontation – Fantasy Flight
              Nanuuk! – Bambus Spieleverlag – German
              Paris Paris – Michael Schacht – Rio Grande Games
              Savannah Café – Descartes/Euro Games – new in
              shrinkwrap

              $5 Games

              Ab die Post – Goldsieber – German
              Aura Poku – Blatz – German
              Barbarossa – Klaus Teuber – ASS – German –
              unplayed/clay still sealed
              Buy Low Sell High – Reiner Knizia – Uberplay
              Dark Side – Reiner Knizia – Clementoni – action cards
              have German text, translations included
              Drachenfels – Schmidt Spiele – German – box solid but
              heavy shelf wear at corners
              Evergreen – Kramer/Kiesling – Rio Grande Games –
              unpunched/unplayed
              Football Fever – Hansen – new in shrinkwrap
              Fury of the Norsemen – Metagaming – new in shrinkwrap
              Goldener Drache – FX Schmid – German
              Der Herr der Ringe: Die Gefährten – Kosmos – action
              cards have German text, translations included –
              unplayed/cards still in shirnkwrap
              Gouda! Gouda! – Descartes/Euro Games
              In 80 Tagen um die Erde (Around the World in 80 Days)
              – Wolfgang Kramer – Ravensburger –action cards have
              German text, translations included
              Jockey – Ravensburger – German (this is the original
              edition with the metal horse-and-jockey figues)
              Lotus – Ravensburger
              Nizza – Wolfgang Kramer – Schmidt Spiele
              Once Upon a Time – Atlas Games
              Rage – Mattel – German – new in shrinkwrap
              Rainbows – Alan Moon – White Wind – new in shrikwrap
              The Reef – Rio Grande Games
              Vampire – Wolfgang Kramer – Ravensburger
              Vegas – Reiner Knizia – Ravensburger – German
              Zombies!!! – Journeyman Press

              $3 Games

              Apache – Abacus Spiele
              Alles Futsch – FX Schmid – German – unplayed/cards in
              shrinkwrap
              Arena Maximus – Fantasy Flight
              Beetlez – Mayfair Games
              Beyond Balderdash – Hasbro/Parker Bros. – new in
              shrinkwrap
              Casablanca – Amigo/German edition of Conspiracy
              Danger – Queen Games – German – unplayed/cards in
              shrinkwrap
              Die Kette von Saba – Queen Games – German
              Diplomacy – Avalon Hill – heavy shelf wear
              Elixir – Mayfair Games
              Eureka – Ravensburger
              Five Crowns – Set Enterprises – new in shrinkwrap
              Frog Juice – Gamewright – unplayed/cards in shrinkwrap
              Gold am Yukon – Amigo – German
              Guesstures – Hasbro – New in shrinkwrap
              Halloween Party – Descartes/Blue Games –
              unplayed/cards in shrinkwrap
              Hellrail: Third Perdition – Mayfair Games
              Hollywood Poker – Fun Connection – unplayed/cards in
              shrinkwrap
              Im 7. Himmel – Wolfgang Kramer – FX Schmid – German
              Lift Off – Queen – German – unplayed/cards in
              shrinkwrap
              Lucky Loop – Queen Games – German
              Maginor – Fantasy Flight
              Mummy Rummy – Gamewright – unplayed/cards in
              shrinkwrap
              Quiddler – Set Enterprises
              Ram Speed – Metagaming – New in shrinkwrap
              Razzia – Ravensburger – German
              Schatztaucher – Salagames - German
              Stone Soup – Gamewright – unplayed/cards in shrinkwrap
              Story - Hans im Glück – Simple one-word object text on
              cards
              Sunset Blvd. – Hexagames – German
              Top Secret – Blatz – German – unplayed/cards in
              shrinkwrap
              Tschau Knacki – Oxygame – German – unpunched/unplayed
              Wanted – Ravensburger – unplayed/cards in shrinkwrap
              Wizard’s Quest – Avalon Hill – heavy shelf wear/box
              has bowing
              Wreckage – Fantasy Flight

              $1 Games

              2 Handed Whammy! – SWS
              Alibi – Mayfair Games
              Artifact – Metagaming – new in shrinkwrap
              Buntbar & Co. – Adlung Spiele
              Buro Crazy – FX Schmid – German
              Eagle Kingdoms – Gamewright
              Eldorado – Discovery – Very heavy shelf wear, one
              taped corner
              Giant – JMG
              Head-to-Head Poker – Reiner Knizia – Hasbro/Parker
              Bros. – unplayed/cards in shrinkwrap
              My Word! – Reiner Knizia – Out of the Box
              Out of Control – ACT Games
              Sambesi – Adlung Spiele
              Skip-Bo – Mattel -
              Thunderball – JMG
              Trailblazer – Metagaming – new in shrinkwrap
              Waterworks (original 70s edition/metal pipe wrenches)
              – Parker Bros. – heavy shelf wear
              Willi – Hans im Gluck – German – new in shrinkwrap

              http://autos.yahoo.com/green_center/
            • Richard Spoonts
              Message 6 of 11 , Aug 7, 2007
                Hey, Terry, here's a suggestion: You should pay me to
                take that crap off your hands. And I thought Dan
                Blum's list was stinky!

                Richard

                that gives answers, not web links.
              • Kathy Tompkins
                Message 7 of 11 , Aug 7, 2007
                  :) And you know what is even more depressing? When
                  someone's 'cleaning out their closet' sale is bigger than your game
                  collection.

                  --- In Unity_Games@yahoogroups.com, Richard Spoonts <Richard_BOS@...>

                  ______________

                  Message 8 of 11 , Aug 7, 2007
                    Stinky stuff, yeah ... but about 30 items out of 80 or
                    so are already gone :)

                    Be seeing you Saturday?

                    -Terry

                    Message 9 of 11 , Aug 7, 2007
                      Speaking of what Richard Spoonts termed "stinky" or
                      "crap" games from my for-sale list, I've had several
                      requests from people for updates as to what's left.
                      Hope this update isn't a violation of group rules.
                      This will be the last post to the entire group. And
                      remember: One man's stinky game is another man's ...
                      cheap stinky game! And at this point, I will consider
                      discounts/offers from anyone that wants to buy in in
                      volume - five or more games.

                      -Terry

                      Here's what's left:

                      Message 10 of 11 , Aug 8, 2007
                        Terry

                        Add $5 to what I already owe you and put Frog Juice and Lucky Loop in
                        my cart. Is that fair and stinky?

                        --- In Unity_Games@yahoogroups.com, Terry Egan <cardsharp_100@...>
                        wrote:

> [...]
                        > shrinkwrap
                        > Wanted – Ravensburger – unplayed/cards in shrinkwrap
                        >
                        > $1 Games
                        >
                        > Alibi – Mayfair Games
                        > Artifact – Metagaming – new in shrinkwrap
                        > Buro Crazy – FX Schmid – German
                        > Eagle Kingdoms – Gamewright
                        > Eldorado – Discovery – Very heavy shelf wear, one
                        > taped corner
                        > Head-to-Head Poker – Reiner Knizia – Hasbro/Parker
                        > Bros. – unplayed/cards in shrinkwrap
                        > Out of Control – ACT Games
                        > Sambesi – Adlung Spiele
                        > Skip-Bo – Mattel -
                        > Thunderball – JMG
                        > Waterworks (original 70s edition/metal pipe wrenches)
                        > – Parker Bros. – heavy shelf wear
                        > Willi – Hans im Gluck – German – new in shrinkwrap

                        ______________
                        > Building a website is a piece of cake. Yahoo! Small Business gives
                        you all the tools to get online.

                      • Terry Egan
                        Message 11 of 11 , Aug 9, 2007
                          Here's the final update on Terry's famous Stinky Games
                          Sale. 50 games already gone and prices on all
                          remaining titles reduced. About 35 games below priced
                          at $2 or $4. Also, 6 new games added to the $2 list,
                          marked with asterix. Original notes on sale are now
                          below the updated list.

                          Thanks to everyone who took the time to browse through
                          such a long list of for-sale games!

                          $8 Games

                          Kula Kula – Blatz – German – unplayed/cards in
                          shrinkwrap
                          Ringgeister – Queen Games – German
                          Totem – Queen Games – German

                          $4 Games

                          Aura Poku – Blatz – German
                          Dark Side – Reiner Knizia – Clementoni – action cards
                          have German text, translations included
                          Evergreen – Kramer/Kiesling – Rio Grande Games –
                          unpunched/unplayed
                          Fury of the Norsemen – Metagaming – new in shrinkwrap
                          Goldener Drache – FX Schmid – German
                          Der Herr der Ringe: Die Gefährten – Kosmos – action
                          cards have German text, translations included –
                          unplayed/cards still in shirnkwrap
                          Lotus – Ravensburger
                          Nizza – Wolfgang Kramer – Schmidt Spiele
                          Rage – Mattel – German – new in shrinkwrap
                          Zombies!!! – Journeyman Press

                          $2 Games

                          *Clue the Card Game – Hasbro
                          *Elfer Raus! – FX Schmid – German
                          *Komme Gleich – Uwe Rosenberg – ASS – German
                          *Integralis – Sphinx Spieleverlag – cards have German
                          text, translations included
                          *Mogelei – 1x1 - unplayed/cards in shrinkwrap
                          *Bose Buben – Michael Schacht – Schmidt Spiele -
[...]

                          Free to first purchaser who claims