Re: [Unity_Games] Re: Unity Games XIII - August 11, 2007

  • Tery Noseworthy
    Message 1 of 66 , Jun 19, 2007
      Origins, ComicCon and Conneticon are in July - some people attend those.

      Some people probably have weddings, baby showers, vacations and their kid's
      little league game on any weekend you choose.

      In addition, the hotels want big bucks to rent space in the summer, as it is
      prime wedding season and weddings bring in a lot more money than gamers do,
      so there aren't nearly as many choices for places and dates, unless we all
      want to pay $80 for a day of gaming.

      So, let's not greet the announcement that there's finally a date with
      complaints that it isn't convenient.The planning committee put a huge amount
      of work into finding a venue, even when it seemed like there was no way in
      heck it was going to be possible. Kudos to them.

      And hey, if Scott can plan his wedding around gaming, what are the rest of
      you complaining about? :-)

      --
      "It was a dark and stormy nightmare." -Neil Gaiman

    • Phil Alberg
      Message 66 of 66 , Aug 8, 2007
        I just want to emphasize that the Conference Center is located in a separate
        building instead of in the main part of the hotel. Upon entering the
        Sheraton property you want to go straight, driving behind the first building
        (building 1), and make your way to building 3.

        http://www.starwoodhotels.com/sheraton/property/meetings/overview_map.html?propertyID=232

        See you Saturday!

        - Phil

        --
        Eastern MA Gaming
        http://www.unitygames.org/

        "But how do you plan for a bank full of nuns?"

        important, not the winning."
        - Reiner Knizia