Re: [Unity_Games] Spiel des Jahres 2007 Nominations -- What are your thoughts?

  • Tery Noseworthy
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 11, 2007
      1. I suspect Zooleretto would win, since I think it is most likely to
      appeal to families. If not Zooleretto, then Yspahan.

      2. I am not sure I care which one wins.

      3. I have played Yspahan and Arkadia - I think Yspahan is a good,
      light game that is easy to teach and entertaining. Arkadia is a fine
      game, but it just doesn't wow me.

      4. I'm indifferent on who wins or doesn't. I want to try them all at some point.

      Tery

      --
      "It was a dark and stormy nightmare." -Neil Gaiman
    • Adam Smiles
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 11, 2007
        >From: "Phil Alberg" <palberg@...>
        >
        >In the hopes of sparking some local conversation, here are some questions:
        >
        >1) Putting yourself in the jury's shoes, which game do you think will
        >win the SdJ?

        I think they will pick Zooloretto, although see #3.

        >2) Which game would you personally like to see win the SdJ?

        My order of personal preference would likely be: Arkadia, Zooloretto,
        Ysphahan, JvT

        >3) Which SdJ candidates have you played?

        I've played all but The Thief of Bagdad.
        JvT I played once a while ago. I remember the game being dominated by luck.
        I don't remember if it was good luck or bad luck.
        The other 3 are all solid games.

        >4) Are there any candidates that you hope NOT win the SdJ?

        It's not that I don't want JvT to win, it's that I don't want to see Queen's
        37 variants for the game flooding the market over the next 3 years.

        -Adam

        Picture this � share your photos and you could win big!
        http://www.GETREALPhotoContest.com?ocid=TXT_TAGHM&loc=us