Re: Spiel des Jahres 2007 Nominations -- What are your thoughts?

  • nix342
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 11, 2007
      My opinion:
      1) I think it's between Zooloretto and Yspahan with Zooloretto getting
      the award.

      2) I think they are all fine games, but don't have a personal
      favorite. I've only played two and only once each, so I haven't really
      been able to enjoy any one so much that I want it to win the award.

      3) I've played Jenseits von Theben and Yspahan.

      4) I agree with you regarding Jenseits von Theben. It's a fun game and
      very thematic, but I'd be a bit disappointed if it won SdJ. To me it
      is just far too random.

      All in all, decent nominees this year, and I think it's harder this
      year to pick the winner than in some prior years.

      Nick
    • Tery Noseworthy
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 11, 2007
        1. I suspect Zooleretto would win, since I think it is most likely to
        appeal to families. If not Zooleretto, then Yspahan.

        2. I am not sure I care which one wins.

        3. I have played Yspahan and Arkadia - I think Yspahan is a good,
        light game that is easy to teach and entertaining. Arkadia is a fine
        game, but it just doesn't wow me.

        4. I'm indifferent on who wins or doesn't. I want to try them all at some point.

        Tery

        --
        "It was a dark and stormy nightmare." -Neil Gaiman
      • Adam Smiles
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 11, 2007
          >From: "Phil Alberg" <palberg@...>
          >
          >In the hopes of sparking some local conversation, here are some questions:
          >
          >1) Putting yourself in the jury's shoes, which game do you think will
          >win the SdJ?

          I think they will pick Zooloretto, although see #3.

          >2) Which game would you personally like to see win the SdJ?

          My order of personal preference would likely be: Arkadia, Zooloretto,
          Ysphahan, JvT

          >3) Which SdJ candidates have you played?

          I've played all but The Thief of Bagdad.
          JvT I played once a while ago. I remember the game being dominated by luck.
          I don't remember if it was good luck or bad luck.
          The other 3 are all solid games.

          >4) Are there any candidates that you hope NOT win the SdJ?

          It's not that I don't want JvT to win, it's that I don't want to see Queen's
          37 variants for the game flooding the market over the next 3 years.

          -Adam

          Picture this � share your photos and you could win big!
          http://www.GETREALPhotoContest.com?ocid=TXT_TAGHM&loc=us