Game Group in Newton Centre

  • Charley
    Message 1 of 1 , May 30, 2007
      Hi,
      I wanted to invite you all to the next meeting of our new monthly Board Game group. We
      are meeting downstairs in the Fellowship Hall at First Baptist Church in Newton Centre,
      Massachusetts on Wednesday, June 6th at 7:00 p.m. We are VERY accessible to public
      transportation. This group could do very heavy-duty gaming, if you like, or we could keep
      it on the lighter side. I have a small but good collection of about 50+ games (though it's
      growing all the time) and I'd be happy to have folks bring games they own and would be
      willing to teach. Some of the games I have are listed in my profile here on the Geek...need
      to update though.
      Some of us have attended Unity in the past, and will do so in the future. At any rate, please
      accept this invitation to a night of free gaming in a nice, well-lit space, and hopefully we
      can continue to convene through the summer and beyond. ALSO: IF WEDNESDAY DOESN'T
      WORK FOR YOU, let me know what night does. We used to meet on Sunday afternoons, but
      I want to choose times that work for whomever comes.

      Probably the simplest way to get to the church is to Mapquest using 848 Beacon St.,
      Newton Centre, MA 02459. We are at the corner of Beacon and Centre Streets, and there is
      a LARGE parking lot behind the church off of Centre Street, even though our address is on
      Beacon.

      MBTA Green Line
      Take the D line (Riverside) to Newton Center. Turn left down Union Street, in front of
      Starbucks, and walk one block to the intersection of Beacon and Centre Streets where
      there is a traffic light. You will see the church across the street.

      MBTA Bus
      There is a bus stop for the #52 bus in front of the church.

      Thanks,
      Charley Eastman
      (chitshappen)