Game Day at The Buttery, 5/20/2007, 3:00 pm

  • Unity_Games@yahoogroups.com
    Message 1 of 3 , May 17 11:57 AM
      Reminder from: Unity_Games Yahoo! Group

      Title: Game Day at The Buttery

      Date: Sunday May 20, 2007
      Time: 3:00 pm - 11:00 pm
      Repeats: This event repeats every month on the third Sunday until Thursday May 31, 2007.
      Location: Dorchester MA
      Notes: A friendly gathering for board, word, and other forms of gaming. Easy to get to on the T. For more info, see http://www.buttery.org/gameday

    • Call, Melissa J.
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 7, 2008
        The Boston Massacre is all set to go ahead this year.

        The dates are set for the 21st/22nd of June 2008 at Pandemonium Books
        and Games, 4 Pleasant St, Cambridge MA 02139. That's right in the
        heart of Central Square.

        The tournament will be played over three rounds. While it is not
        compulsory to play in all rounds, you will obviously be more
        competitive in the tournament if you do. To play in a particular
        round you should arrive before:

        Round 1: 9am Saturday 21st
        Round 2: 3pm Saturday 21st
        Round 3: 9am Sunday 22nd

        The scoring system will be Detour98F - so supply centers and lead
        matter at the end of a game.

        There will be trophies for 1st/2nd/3rd and Best Country Lobsters.

        Registration Fee will be $25 for the tournament or $10 per game.
        Proceeds will go towards tournament expenses including trophies and
        snacks and the venue for extending their opening hours especially for
        us.

        If there is enough interest I was thinking of holding an evening of
        grilling and socializing Friday before the tournament start.

        For accommodation options:

        The nearest hotel for those who like luxury is the Le Meridian
        Cambridge (Hotel@MIT). But at $200+ per night it's a little on the
        pricey side.

        For those that don't mind a bus or short taxi ride the Summer hostel
        at Fenway is a much more reasonable alternative at ~$40 per night.
        Email me if your up for this so I can organize private shared rooms
        with Tournament attendees.

        And for the financially challenged we should be able to find a couch
        or two around for those that prefer to sleep for free.

        Transport options:

        We usually have people come from all over New England so if you'd
        like to come, but are not sure how to get yourself from A to B email
        me and I'll see if I can hook you up with a lift.

        Central Square is serviced well by the MBTA with at least 6 different
        bus routes and the Red line dropping you off at the Venue doorstep.

        Any other questions: email me.

        I'd love to know who's coming and who's not, so email me and I'll start
        constructing an attendance list.

        :-)

        Melissa

        The information transmitted in this electronic communication is intended only
        for the person or entity to whom it is addressed and may contain confidential
        use of or taking of any action in reliance upon this information by persons or
        information in error, please contact the Compliance HelpLine at 800-856-1983 and
        properly dispose of this information.