Re: Bridgewater Gaming THIS Friday, April 6th!!!!

  • ScottH.
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 4 5:38 PM
      --- In Unity_Games@yahoogroups.com, David Fontes <dfontes@...> wrote:

      > I'll be there. I don't have Pillars of the Earth, but it does look
      > interesting. Nice bits anyway. Based on the bestseller by Ken Follet?

      Yes it is, or at least named after it and they share the cathedral
      building theme.

      > Curiouser and curiouser.

      Indeed! I have played this game 3 times now and I find it to be a fine
      game. It does have some similarities to Caylus as you build up each
      round, but really is much lighter.
      The luck factor can be quite high but seems to average out. The third
      game I did get completely hosed one round due to an extreme luck
      event, but that would be a very rare happenstance (unless I'm involved
      apparently).
      I don't own it and I'm not sure if the English version is out yet.
      I would be happy to teach it if a copy does materialize.
      See you Friday!
      ScottH.

      > -D
      >
      > nix342 wrote:
      > > I should be there. Does anyone have a copy of "Pillars of the Earth"?
      > > I'd like to give that a try. I was one of those who didn't quite like
      > > Caylus as much as everyone else and was wondering if I would like this
      > > game described as "Caylus lite" a bit better.
      > >
      > > Nick
      > >

      > > --- In Unity_Games@yahoogroups.com, "ScottH." <sahenshaw@> wrote:
      > >> Bridgewater Open Gaming (BOGS) will be held this Friday at
      Scholars in