Bridgewater Gaming THIS Friday, April 6th!!!!

  • ScottH.
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 4 3:00 AM
      Bridgewater Open Gaming (BOGS) will be held this Friday at Scholars in
      Bridgewater center. We get started around 7:00 P.M. I usually arrive in
      the store just before 6:30.
      Don't forget that attendees receive a 35% discount coupon good for
      game purchase at Scholars. Quite a few new games have arrived recently.
      We generally try for a quorum on the 2nd Friday of the month, but
      thought we would try the first Friday this month.
      If you have never come, please feel free to drop by and play some
      games with a friendly group. New players welcomed as we love to teach
      new gamers.
      Please let me know if you have any game requests and I will try to
      bring that game, otherwise, I'll bring a varied assortment of games.
      See you in Bridgewater this Friday, April 6th.
      ScottH.
    • Constantine
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 4 6:57 AM
        Looking forward to a stop at Scholars. Who else is in?

        --- In Unity_Games@yahoogroups.com, "ScottH." <sahenshaw@...> wrote:

        > Bridgewater Open Gaming (BOGS) will be held this Friday at Scholars in
        > Bridgewater center. We get started around 7:00 P.M. I usually arrive in
        > the store just before 6:30.
        > Don't forget that attendees receive a 35% discount coupon good for
        > game purchase at Scholars. Quite a few new games have arrived recently.
        > We generally try for a quorum on the 2nd Friday of the month, but
        > thought we would try the first Friday this month.
        > If you have never come, please feel free to drop by and play some
        > games with a friendly group. New players welcomed as we love to teach
        > new gamers.
        > Please let me know if you have any game requests and I will try to
        > bring that game, otherwise, I'll bring a varied assortment of games.
        > See you in Bridgewater this Friday, April 6th.
        > ScottH.

      • nix342
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 4 7:09 AM
          I should be there. Does anyone have a copy of "Pillars of the Earth"?
          I'd like to give that a try. I was one of those who didn't quite like
          Caylus as much as everyone else and was wondering if I would like this
          game described as "Caylus lite" a bit better.

          Nick

          --- In Unity_Games@yahoogroups.com, "ScottH." <sahenshaw@...> wrote:

          > Bridgewater Open Gaming (BOGS) will be held this Friday at Scholars in
          > Bridgewater center. We get started around 7:00 P.M. I usually arrive in
          > the store just before 6:30.
          > Don't forget that attendees receive a 35% discount coupon good for
          > game purchase at Scholars. Quite a few new games have arrived recently.
          > We generally try for a quorum on the 2nd Friday of the month, but
          > thought we would try the first Friday this month.
          > If you have never come, please feel free to drop by and play some
          > games with a friendly group. New players welcomed as we love to teach
          > new gamers.
          > Please let me know if you have any game requests and I will try to
          > bring that game, otherwise, I'll bring a varied assortment of games.
          > See you in Bridgewater this Friday, April 6th.
          > ScottH.

        • David Fontes
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 4 2:03 PM
            I'll be there. I don't have Pillars of the Earth, but it does look
            interesting. Nice bits anyway. Based on the bestseller by Ken Follet?
            Curiouser and curiouser.
            -D

            nix342 wrote:
            > I should be there. Does anyone have a copy of "Pillars of the Earth"?
            > I'd like to give that a try. I was one of those who didn't quite like
            > Caylus as much as everyone else and was wondering if I would like this
            > game described as "Caylus lite" a bit better.
            >
            > Nick
            >

            > --- In Unity_Games@yahoogroups.com, "ScottH." <sahenshaw@...> wrote:
            >> Bridgewater Open Gaming (BOGS) will be held this Friday at Scholars in
            >> Bridgewater center. We get started around 7:00 P.M. I usually arrive in
            >> the store just before 6:30.
            >> Don't forget that attendees receive a 35% discount coupon good for
            >> game purchase at Scholars. Quite a few new games have arrived recently.
            >> We generally try for a quorum on the 2nd Friday of the month, but
            >> thought we would try the first Friday this month.
            >> If you have never come, please feel free to drop by and play some
            >> games with a friendly group. New players welcomed as we love to teach
            >> new gamers.
            >> Please let me know if you have any game requests and I will try to
            >> bring that game, otherwise, I'll bring a varied assortment of games.
            >> See you in Bridgewater this Friday, April 6th.
            >> ScottH.

            > Yahoo! Groups Links

          • ScottH.
            Message 5 of 5 , Apr 4 5:38 PM
              --- In Unity_Games@yahoogroups.com, David Fontes <dfontes@...> wrote:

              > I'll be there. I don't have Pillars of the Earth, but it does look
              > interesting. Nice bits anyway. Based on the bestseller by Ken Follet?

              Yes it is, or at least named after it and they share the cathedral
              building theme.

              > Curiouser and curiouser.

              Indeed! I have played this game 3 times now and I find it to be a fine
              game. It does have some similarities to Caylus as you build up each
              round, but really is much lighter.
              The luck factor can be quite high but seems to average out. The third
              game I did get completely hosed one round due to an extreme luck
              event, but that would be a very rare happenstance (unless I'm involved
              apparently).
              I don't own it and I'm not sure if the English version is out yet.
              I would be happy to teach it if a copy does materialize.
              See you Friday!
              ScottH.