Games for soldiers -- follow-up note

  • W. Eric Martin
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 3, 2007
      Someone pointed out to me privately that the final line in my post about
      games for soldiers -- "I’m glad that Boardgame News can contribute its
      few boxes to this effort." -- sounds dismissive. This isn't what I
      intended, but I understand how it could be read this way. I merely meant
      to sound humble in the face of much larger donations by publishers
      through GAMA.

      On reflection, I realize that my entire BGN column was fairly negative
      and sarcastic. I'll try not to be such a Negative Norman in the future...

      Eric

      --
      W. Eric Martin
      Editor, http://www.BoardgameNews.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 4, 2007
        At 12:15 AM 3/4/2007, W. Eric Martin wrote:
        >On reflection, I realize that my entire BGN column was fairly negative
        >and sarcastic. I'll try not to be such a Negative Norman in the future...

        That'd be some sort of major life change wouldn't it? ;-0

        Mark

        "Logan... you renewed!"
        Francis-7
      • W. Eric Martin
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 4, 2007
          Mark J. Edwards wrote:

          > At 12:15 AM 3/4/2007, W. Eric Martin wrote:
          >
          >>On reflection, I realize that my entire BGN column was fairly negative
          >>and sarcastic. I'll try not to be such a Negative Norman in the future...
          >

          > That'd be some sort of major life change wouldn't it? ;-0

          Har de har har. (Yes, it would.)

          Eric

          --
          W. Eric Martin
          Editor, http://www.BoardgameNews.com
          Editor, http://www.FunandBoardgames.com
        • Constantine
          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 4, 2007
            Hmmm, it reads more to me like you are being modest about what you are
            able to provide to people who are facing truly horrible circumstances.
            Equally, finding your column to be negative and sarcastic? Are we
            reading the same column. I do not mean to belittle you in ANY WAY but
            speaking as someone who makes his living with those two attitudes
            (www.collateraldamage.biz) that column came across as nice and
            informative. Also, speaking as someone whose brother played for the US
            Army team in the George Bush Desert Classic, a little nay-saying
            sarcasm helped me to get through that incredibly long year.