UG XII Charity Auction Results

  • Craig Massey
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 3, 2007
      Hi Everyone,

      Sorry for the delay in getting this information out to you. First let me give a huge thank you to all those individuals and companies who donated games and other items to the 2nd UG Charity Auction. Without your generous support, the auction would not be nearly the success that it is.

      Second, congratulations and thank you to all of the bidders who participated as well as those who just donated. Once again the UG community showed an amazing amount of generousity and support for this event. For whatever the reason, I always have the nagging feeling that none of the lots will receive any bids or the bids put on the lots will represent really, really good deals. I always through in token bids to get things started thinking I might get a lot by default. WRONG. It is clear that the UG community will support a very good cause.

      So without any further blathering on my part, the Unity Games Community raised $1,125 for the Jimmy Fund. This represents a fantastic effort by everyone out there in the UG community.

      To all winning bidders, you will receive geekgold if you so desire from Boardgamegeek once I send the information over the Adam, our friendly UG man on the inside with BGG. To all those who won free admission to Unity Games, I will follow up with you via email to confirm. Same for those who won the free BGG microbadge. Hopefully I'll wrap everything up this weekend or later this week.

      The 3rd Unity Games Charity Auction will take place at the next winter UG event so save your pennies and thanks again for all of your support.

      Best,
      Craig

      Craig W. Massey
      cwmassey@...

      Try the free Yahoo! Mail Beta.
    • Tami
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 3, 2007
        > So without any further blathering on my part, the Unity Games
        >Community raised $1,125 for the Jimmy Fund. This represents a
        >fantastic effort by everyone out there in the UG community.

        WOW! I am VERY impressed with the amount raised. Great job, everyone!

        Thanks, Craig et. al. for putting together such great lots to bid on.
        I know that I am very happy with the lot that I won, and look forward
        to the next auction.

        Tami
      • Lynda
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 22, 2007
          Hi Craig and Adam:

          Since it's been nearly 3 weeks since this post on 2/3, I was just
          curious when we'd be receiving the BGG geekgold. I believe I should
          be receiving 120GG. Adam already supplied me with the microbadge I
          won and I gave my free admission certificate and information to Dave
          B. near the end of UG XII. So, just waiting on the geekgold.

          Thanks for your assistance and everything that was done for the
          charity auction.

          Lynda Shea (80sGirl on BGG)

          ______________
          > Try the free Yahoo! Mail Beta.

        • Adam Smiles
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 22, 2007
            I just recieved the list of auction winners from Craig. The geekgold should
            be going out soon.

            Thanks for your patience, and your support for the Jimmy Fund.

            -Adam

            >From: "Lynda" <lynda.shea@...>
            >
            >Hi Craig and Adam:
            >
            >Since it's been nearly 3 weeks since this post on 2/3, I was just
            >curious when we'd be receiving the BGG geekgold. I believe I should
            >be receiving 120GG. Adam already supplied me with the microbadge I
            >won and I gave my free admission certificate and information to Dave
            >B. near the end of UG XII. So, just waiting on the geekgold.
            >
            >Thanks for your assistance and everything that was done for the
            >charity auction.
            >

            >Lynda Shea (80sGirl on BGG)

            simple tips.
            http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com/Taxes/PreparationTips/PreparationTips.aspx?icid=HMFebtagline