Parents with kids suggestion

  • David Kuznick
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 30, 2007
      So those of us with kids not yet of gaming age often find it a challenge to get
      group gaming in, let alone anything regular. Would anyone be interested in
      trying to organize something semi-regular that had some sort of childcare,
      either hired or people rotate throughout the session? Or better yet, is anyone
      already doing this? :-)

      --
      David Kuznick dkuznickATalumni.brandeis.edu
      "Ever had the feeling you've been here before? Drinking down the poison
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 30, 2007

        >So those of us with kids not yet of gaming age often find it a challenge to
        >get
        >group gaming in, let alone anything regular. Would anyone be interested in
        >trying to organize something semi-regular that had some sort of childcare,
        >either hired or people rotate throughout the session? Or better yet, is
        >anyone
        >already doing this? :-)

        I'd be interested in being hired :)
        Keep me posted!

        Dawn :)
      • counterfeitbanana
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 1, 2007
          Hi David.

          My wife and I have discussed doing something like this in past years.
          My daughter is old enough to play some games (she's five), but she's
          certainly not old enough to bring to regular gaming groups, which
          leaves Leah out in the cold a lot. There was a group of "Geek Parents"
          I met with at Pandemonium once, but it didn't come to anything.

          In any case, maybe we could get together one of these weekends and
          give it a shot. If we could find another couple, I think we just might
          have the right numbers...

          Jeremy.