Charity Auction & Geekgold

  • Adam Smiles
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 26, 2007
      Apologies if this a repost, my first message seems to have dissappeared....

      For those that missed the original announcement, we are running a Game
      Auction for Charity. Games have been donated by local gamers, local game
      stores, and game publishers. These games will be batched into lots.
      Between 10 am and 4 pm tommorrow, everyone at UGXII will have the
      opportunity to bid on these game lots. All of the money generated will be
      donated to local charities.

      In addition to winning the lot of games you have successfully bid on,
      boardgamegeek.com is going to geekgold match all winning bids. So if you
      win a game lot with a bid of $37. Not only will $37 be donated to a local
      Charity, but BGG will give the winner 37 geekgold. Some of the lots will
      also have additional geekgold or free microbadges.

      See everyone tommorrow.

      -Adam

      Awards´┐Ż http://movies.msn.com/movies/oscars2007/?icid=ncoscartagline2
    • Jeff Michaud
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 26, 2007
        Hi Adam,

        I don't think it's a repost.

        In any case, any chance of posting today what will be up for auction
        (what's in each bundle)? Just so I (and possibly others) can do some
        research so we can plan ahead of time what we want to bid on (and
        how high we will want to bid).

        If not, no problem, I should have asked a lot sooner than the day before :)

        Doors open for UGXII in about 17 hours!

        Jeff