Re: [Unity_Games] Re: UG in January

  • Jeff Michaud
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 3, 2006
      I'd be willing to run it again, however Joe also mentioned last time that
      I think he'd like to try running it this time, possibly using 2-tiered want
      lists (though I think they have proven to reduce the number of overall trades
      found)?

      In addition, this time instead of one person running the trade finder (TradeGenie),
      since then it's been shown the best way is to have as many folks as possible be
      running it with random-start mode. Last time we had more than enough items
      that it was impossible to run the trade finder to completion (which would guarantee
      that the absolute most trades have been found).

      In any case, I think it's still way too early to be running a math trade. I think some
      folks may get games for the Holidays that they may want to try trading away, and
      the interest level is higher as UG is closer to the horizon. We don't want to be
      having the math trade run for a month either because folks don't want to lock there
      games into a long running math trade, because they want to use the same games
      in other math trades that will be starting and ending over the next month.

      In any case, glad to see the UG hype starting! Hard to believe it's next month
      already!

      Jeff

      At 07:14 PM 12/3/2006, you wrote:

      >I should clarify this. I'm willing to put it together, but I'll need
      >someone to point me in the right direction for the computer program
      >that Jeff used to do the best trade thing.
      >
      >--- In <mailto:Unity_Games%40yahoogroups.com>Unity_Games@yahoogroups.com, "Tami" <yatcher@...> wrote:
      >>
      >> Hey everyone-
      >>
      >> Is there any interest (besides my own) in doing another Math Trade
      >for UG?
      >>
      >> I'd be happy to put it together, unless Jeff is willing to do it
      >> again... Jeff?
      >>
      >> Tami
    • W. Eric Martin
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 4, 2006
        Jeff Michaud wrote:

        > In any case, glad to see the UG hype starting! Hard to believe it's
        > next month already!

        You want hype? I'll give you hype! Act now to place the games you want
        to play—whether or not you own copies of these games—on the "Unity Games
        XII game database" located within the Database section of the Yahoo group.

        If you own the game you want to play, great! If not, leave the name of
        the owner blank and some other cheery and helpful gamer might be willing
        to add their name and bring a copy on January 27.

        Me, I'm teaching New England again from 9-11 am, then plan to start up
        Die Macher again at noon. Who's in?

        Eric

        --
        W. Eric Martin