SOG SRs: 9/18 and 9/25 in Westford

  • Josh Bluestein
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 26, 2006
      I've been remiss in posting session reports of late, mostly because
      I've been busy. Go figure.

      However, I've had a run of good luck of late, so it seems time to
      start the SRs, at least in an abbreviated form (which is to say,
      recounting as much of it as I can remember):

      On 9/18 we had, I think, six players in attendance. Games played:

      Die Weinhandler (won by Josh)
      Electronic Catchphrase x 2 (I don't remember who was on my team, but
      we won both games)
      Canal Mania (won by Evan)

      I know there was other stuff in there, but I can't remember it...so
      unless someone speaks up, it vanishes into the mists of time.

      Last night, we had seven people: Andrew B, Jeffm, Jefff, Mark, Mike,
      Chris, and myself. Chris opted to sit and read rules while the rest
      of us warmed up with a round of Die Mauer. I think Mark won this one,
      but I don't recall.

      Andrew headed out (having just shown up to pick up some games). The
      rest of us played Medieval Merchant. Quickly played, surprisingly
      little competition. I managed to win this one, but only by a couple
      of points, and largely because peoples' attempts to screw me out of
      points were slightly less effective than peoples' attempts to screw
      Mark (who took second).

      Mark headed home. The rest of us played Foppen. After taking points
      in the first two rounds, I went for -10 in the last three rounds and
      won the game with a score of -12. Chris was second with -2, Jefff was
      third with -1, and Jeffm and Mike both had very large positive scores.

      Jefff and Mike headed out and we finished up with a game of Goa.
      Chris tried a new strategy (focusing on colonies and ignoring ships
      and spices). Net result was that he had a lot of extra action cards
      that were fairly ineffective. Final scores: Josh 44, Chris 40, Jeffm
      37.

      And that was it for the week.

      Next week we'll be in Westford again!

      Josh