Re: [Unity_Games] Game Day at The Buttery (Dorchester MA) - September 17

  • ? ?
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 5, 2006
      sorry, is there a charge for this, pls? &how many people, on average, show
      up, pls? tnx-a-lot & hope u had a gr8 summer!

      On 9/6/06, Mark J. Dulcey <mark@...> wrote:
      > Hello all,
      > It's September, so we're back from our summer break! Our monthly series
      > of game days picks up again on the third Sunday of every month, starting
      > on September 17. Please join us!
      > The November day (November 19) will be a National Games Day event. About
      > the only thing that changes is that we report some statistics to the
      > organizers: what games were played and how many people played them. We
      > will not report any names or other personal information unless you
      > authorize it.
      > Who: Anyone who enjoys playing board games, word games, cards, chess,
      > checkers, backgammon, silly games, etc.
      > When: Third Sunday of each month, September through May, 3 pm till 11 pm
      > (or later, if necessary). This month, it's September 17.
      > Where: Here at The Buttery, 24 Kenwood St, Dorchester MA. see
      > www.buttery.org/directions for maps and directions
      > What: Games such as mentioned above. Your favorite games, if you bring
      > them and others want to play. We have several tables for simultaneous
      > gaming, including one large table. We also have plenty of floor space
      > for games that need to spread out, such as naval battles, Sorcerer's
      > Cave, etc. We can provide small rooms for Diplomacy negotiations.
      > Why: Just for the fun of it, of course!
      > * Absolutely no smoking! No animals other than service animals.
      > * We'll supply some soft drinks and chips. If you need your
      > favorite snack or tipple to enjoy yourself, feel free to bring it -- but
      > no hard liquor, please.
      > * Some time in the evening, we'll send out for pizza and/or other
      > snacks. Be prepared to pay for your share.
      > * Well behaved children of all ages welcome, but the house is NOT
      > childproof. Children too young to join in the general games are
      > encouraged to bring their own quiet amusements or books. Children who
      > distract or annoy their parents and/or other gamers are not particularly
      > welcome.
      > Since the first games will form up about 3:00 pm, arrival between 2:30
      > and 3:00 will increase your chances of getting in on a game you like.
      > But if you can't come until later in the day, you're still welcome; new
      > games start throughout the afternoon and evening.
      > Questions? Comments? Write mark@...
      > Yahoo! Groups Links

      Out of98common activities studied including many sports,reading,board
      games,crossword puzzles, singing, acting,playing an instrument,listening to
      music,using computers, working out,aerobics, bicycling,bowling,etcONLY
      BALLROOM DANCINGwas effective@staving off the progression ofAlzheimers
      disease.It is postulated that the combination of exercise learning of step
      patterns& social interaction confers this remarkable preventive power to
      dancers! Dance improves our memory by making us recall steps, routines and
      dance patterns making it a great mental exercise for our brains. The big
      benefit is that increasing mental exercise keeps your mind young, quick,
      alert and open."There is nothing more notable about Socrates than that he
      found time to learn music and dancing, and thought it was time well
      spent."If I am what I have&if I lose what I have who then am I? only truly
      affluent are those who do not want more than they have.