Game Day at The Buttery (Dorchester MA) - September 17

  • Mark J. Dulcey
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 5, 2006
      GAMES AT THE BUTTERY

      Hello all,

      It's September, so we're back from our summer break! Our monthly series
      of game days picks up again on the third Sunday of every month, starting
      on September 17. Please join us!

      The November day (November 19) will be a National Games Day event. About
      the only thing that changes is that we report some statistics to the
      organizers: what games were played and how many people played them. We
      will not report any names or other personal information unless you
      authorize it.

      Who: Anyone who enjoys playing board games, word games, cards, chess,
      checkers, backgammon, silly games, etc.

      When: Third Sunday of each month, September through May, 3 pm till 11 pm
      (or later, if necessary). This month, it's September 17.

      Where: Here at The Buttery, 24 Kenwood St, Dorchester MA. see
      www.buttery.org/directions for maps and directions

      What: Games such as mentioned above. Your favorite games, if you bring
      them and others want to play. We have several tables for simultaneous
      gaming, including one large table. We also have plenty of floor space
      for games that need to spread out, such as naval battles, Sorcerer's
      Cave, etc. We can provide small rooms for Diplomacy negotiations.

      Why: Just for the fun of it, of course!

      GROUND RULES:

      * Absolutely no smoking! No animals other than service animals.
      * We'll supply some soft drinks and chips. If you need your
      favorite snack or tipple to enjoy yourself, feel free to bring it -- but
      no hard liquor, please.
      * Some time in the evening, we'll send out for pizza and/or other
      snacks. Be prepared to pay for your share.
      * Well behaved children of all ages welcome, but the house is NOT
      childproof. Children too young to join in the general games are
      encouraged to bring their own quiet amusements or books. Children who
      distract or annoy their parents and/or other gamers are not particularly
      welcome.

      Since the first games will form up about 3:00 pm, arrival between 2:30
      and 3:00 will increase your chances of getting in on a game you like.
      But if you can't come until later in the day, you're still welcome; new
      games start throughout the afternoon and evening.

      Questions? Comments? Write mark@...
    • ? ?
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 5, 2006
        sorry, is there a charge for this, pls? &how many people, on average, show
        up, pls? tnx-a-lot & hope u had a gr8 summer!

        --
        Out of98common activities studied including many sports,reading,board
        games,crossword puzzles, singing, acting,playing an instrument,listening to