Bridgewater Open Gaming this Friday, Sept. 8th.

  • ScottH.
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 4, 2006
      This coming Friday there is gaming at Bridgewater Open Gaming (BOGS)
      in Bridgewater, Ma.
      The group is sponsored by Scholars Bookstore, located right on
      Bridgewater Green. Route 18, 104 and 28 all meet in the center of town.
      Dave T., Scholars owner, rents a hall just around the corner from the
      store. We try to get a lot of people to show up on the 2nd Friday of
      every month, though it is scheduled for every Friday. I expect a good
      turn out this week, approaching 10+ people.
      This is a very friendly group to try and game with.
      You also get a 35% discount coupon from the store when you pay your
      $2.00 entry fee.
      I hope to see you in Bridgewater this Friday, September 8th.
      Last month we had 8 gamers show up and played a variety of games.
      Wits & Wagers was played with the whole group. It went over so well,
      it was played twice.
      Also hitting the table: Ticket to Ride: Marklin, Diamant, Tempus,
      6 Nimmt!, Acquire and probably some other games I missed.
      Hope to see you Friday!
      ScottH.
    • ScottH.
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 8, 2006
        Just a reminder that there will be gaming tonight in Bridgewater.
        I will be bringing an assortment of games, but if you have any
        special requests, send me an e-mail, or post to the list.
        See you tonight!
        ScottH.

        --- In Unity_Games@yahoogroups.com, "ScottH." <sahenshaw@...> wrote:

        > This coming Friday there is gaming at Bridgewater Open Gaming (BOGS)
        > in Bridgewater, Ma.
        > The group is sponsored by Scholars Bookstore, located right on
        > Bridgewater Green. Route 18, 104 and 28 all meet in the center of town.
        > Dave T., Scholars owner, rents a hall just around the corner from the
        > store. We try to get a lot of people to show up on the 2nd Friday of
        > every month, though it is scheduled for every Friday. I expect a good
        > turn out this week, approaching 10+ people.
        > This is a very friendly group to try and game with.
        > You also get a 35% discount coupon from the store when you pay your
        > $2.00 entry fee.
        > I hope to see you in Bridgewater this Friday, September 8th.
        > Last month we had 8 gamers show up and played a variety of games.
        > Wits & Wagers was played with the whole group. It went over so well,
        > it was played twice.
        > Also hitting the table: Ticket to Ride: Marklin, Diamant, Tempus,
        > 6 Nimmt!, Acquire and probably some other games I missed.
        > Hope to see you Friday!
        > ScottH.

      • Jason Borden
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 8, 2006
          I am planning to go to the Bridgewater Open Gaming event tonight. This will be my first time going, so I was hoping I could plan a game in advance to get me started there.

          To give you an idea of what I might be interested in, here’s a few games I am thinking of buying but have not yet played (If you have one you wouldn’t mind teaching, I’d be very appreciative if you brought it):

          Santiago
          Taj Mahal
          The End of the Triumvirate
          Shogun / Wallenstein
          Hey! That’s my Fish!
          Antike

          I’ll be bringing and willing to teach the following:

          Maharaja
          Through the Desert
          Mykerinos
          San Juan
          And a couple of other small ones if I can fit them into my bag.

          The time lists 5:15pm – 3:15am. Does it really start that early or should I plan to go a bit later?

          If anyone would like to plan a game in advance, please let me know.

          Hope to see a bunch of you tonight!
          ~Jay Borden

        • ScottH.
          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 8, 2006
            --- In Unity_Games@yahoogroups.com, Jason Borden <thepuppysmasher@...>
            wrote:

            > I am planning to go to the Bridgewater Open Gaming event tonight.
            This will be my first time going, so I was hoping I could plan a game
            in advance to get me started there.

            > To give you an idea of what I might be interested in, here's a few
            games I am thinking of buying but have not yet played (If you have one
            you wouldn't mind teaching, I'd be very appreciative if you brought it):

            > Santiago
            > Taj Mahal
            > The End of the Triumvirate
            > Shogun / Wallenstein
            > Hey! That's my Fish!
            > Antike

            Hi Jay,
            I'll bring Santiago & Taj Mahal.
            I just traded for Antike, so I won't have it for a few days.
            We played Wallenstein 2 months ago, perhaps Nick can bring it again.

            > I'll be bringing and willing to teach the following:
            >
            > Maharaja
            > Through the Desert
            > Mykerinos
            > San Juan
            > And a couple of other small ones if I can fit them into my bag.

            I'd be interested in learning Mykerinos. TtD ans San Juan are always
            welcomed.

            > The time lists 5:15pm – 3:15am. Does it really start that early
            or should I plan to go a bit later?

            No one really arrives until about 7:00. I usually wander into Scholars
            around 6:30 to pay my $2.00 and to shop around. I meander over to the
            hall just before 7:00.
            See you tonight,
            ScottH.

            > If anyone would like to plan a game in advance, please let me know.
            >
            > Hope to see a bunch of you tonight!
            > ~Jay Borden

          • nix342
            Message 5 of 5 , Sep 8, 2006
              --- In Unity_Games@yahoogroups.com, "ScottH." <sahenshaw@...> wrote:

              > We played Wallenstein 2 months ago, perhaps Nick can bring it again.

              If I come (I'd say about a 75% chance) I will bring it...although I
              really would like to get a game of Power Grid in tonight. So, I'll be
              bringing that, too.

              Nick