Re: Hi!

  • brosiuse
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 3, 2006
      --- In Unity_Games@yahoogroups.com, "rbergeron_1" <rbergeron_1@...> wrote:

      > My question is around the German/Euro style games. I recently bought
      > Carcassonne and had my first session last night (loved it!). Any
      > other recommendations; be it similar to that game or something else?
      > I have heard that the following are quite good.
      >
      > - Puerto Rico
      > - San Juan
      > - Queen's Necklace
      > - Fist of Dragonstones
      > - Citadels
      > - Tigris and Euphrates

      Bob,

      I really love some of those games (Puerto Rico, Citadels) and I enjoy San Juan a
      lot as well. If you ask other people, they'll have different preferences (for
      instance, many people think Tigris and Euphrates is one of the best games ever.)

      You might want to check out www.boardgamegeek.com for more opinions and
      information about boardgames than you can ever hope to read. If you look near
      the top of the main page you'll see a tab labelled "Games" that will link you to a
      list of the highest-rated boardgames. Puerto Rico currently holds the #1 spot
      based on about 6,000 votes. You can click into the various individual game
      pages, read reviews and session reports, look at photos, and decide which
      games are likely to appeal to you and to whomever you play with.

      Eric
    • rbergeron_1
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 4, 2006
        Thanks Eric. PR and Citadels are two very high on my list. And I had
        heard the same thing about Tigris and Euphrates.

        So many games, so little time... :)

        Bob