Re: Tis the season for intros

  • brosiuse
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 3 10:57 AM
      --- In Unity_Games@yahoogroups.com, "chuck_alessi" <carthur72@...> wrote:

      > I'd be looking for a group that's more interested in having a good
      > time than in finding the best possible move in every single game. My
      > last group had a few folks like that, and they drove me nuts.
      > Hopefully I'll be able to hook up with some of you folks in the near
      > future.

      Hi, Chuck! Welcome to the area. If you check the Unity Games web page,
      you'll see that you can visit a local gaming group 10 nights a week if you
      have the time.

      If you're near Holliston and have Thursdays free, you might want to check
      out MVGA, which meets in the Masonic Hall on Main Street at 7pm. Our
      motto at MVGA is "play fast, make mistakes." We are all at least in 50%
      compliance with our motto. 8-)

      Eric
    • chuck_alessi
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 3 4:19 PM
        I'm in Quincy, and I don't know the area terribly well, so
        accessibility to the T is fairly important. Sounds like you guys
        are right up my alley though.

        -Chuck

        --- In Unity_Games@yahoogroups.com, "brosiuse" <public.brosius@...>
        wrote:

        > --- In Unity_Games@yahoogroups.com, "chuck_alessi" <carthur72@>
        wrote:

        > > I'd be looking for a group that's more interested in having a
        good
        > > time than in finding the best possible move in every single
        game. My
        > > last group had a few folks like that, and they drove me nuts.
        > > Hopefully I'll be able to hook up with some of you folks in the
        near
        > > future.
        > >

        > Hi, Chuck! Welcome to the area. If you check the Unity Games web
        page,
        > you'll see that you can visit a local gaming group 10 nights a
        week if you
        > have the time.
        >
        > If you're near Holliston and have Thursdays free, you might want
        to check
        > out MVGA, which meets in the Masonic Hall on Main Street at 7pm.
        Our
        > motto at MVGA is "play fast, make mistakes." We are all at least
        in 50%
        > compliance with our motto. 8-)
        >
        > Eric

      • Bruce Heroux
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 3 6:30 PM
          Chuck,

          If you are near Woonsocket, RI or willing to travel here we play on Sunday nights and are about the fun not probality of gaining the most resources.

          thanks,

          Bruce Heroux

          PS: that also goes to anyone else who wants to come over on Sundays!

          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 4 2:37 AM
            Hi,

            Well, you're in luck Chuck. We are literally like 2 minutes driving from the
            Salem T (7 minutes walking). It's practically across the street. Salem can be
            found on the Newburyport/Rockport commuter line and takes about 30 minutes
            from North Station in Boston. We may play this Friday evening. Let me know what
            you think. Have fun.

            Bryan

            In a message dated 9/3/2006 8:48:34 PM Eastern Standard Time,
            carthur72@... writes:
            I'm in Quincy, and I don't know the area terribly well, so
            accessibility to the T is fairly important. Sounds like you guys
            are right up my alley though.

            -Chuck

            www.SalemGamer.com

          • brosiuse
            Message 5 of 6 , Sep 4 6:52 AM
              --- In Unity_Games@yahoogroups.com, "chuck_alessi" <carthur72@...> wrote:

              > I'm in Quincy, and I don't know the area terribly well, so
              > accessibility to the T is fairly important. Sounds like you guys
              > are right up my alley though.

              Hi, Chuck! Holliston is not (unfortunately) on the T, so if you were
              to come you'd either need to get a ride with someone or drive (it's
              a fair way from Quincy.) The good news is that there are many
              groups in the area. The MIT SGS group (Fridays) is right off the
              Kendall Square Red Line station and there's another group or two
              in the Davis Square area.

              Eric