Tis the season for intros

  • chuck_alessi
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 2, 2006
      Hey all,

      I just moved out here from the woods of western MA, and I'm looking
      for a regular game group to replace my old regular game group. I
      have pretty ecclectic tastes, as I play just about anything from
      Euros to American-style games to some wargames.

      I'd be looking for a group that's more interested in having a good
      time than in finding the best possible move in every single game. My
      last group had a few folks like that, and they drove me nuts.
      Hopefully I'll be able to hook up with some of you folks in the near
      future.

      Happy gaming,
      Chuck
    • brosiuse
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 3, 2006
        --- In Unity_Games@yahoogroups.com, "chuck_alessi" <carthur72@...> wrote:

        > I'd be looking for a group that's more interested in having a good
        > time than in finding the best possible move in every single game. My
        > last group had a few folks like that, and they drove me nuts.
        > Hopefully I'll be able to hook up with some of you folks in the near
        > future.

        Hi, Chuck! Welcome to the area. If you check the Unity Games web page,
        you'll see that you can visit a local gaming group 10 nights a week if you
        have the time.

        If you're near Holliston and have Thursdays free, you might want to check
        out MVGA, which meets in the Masonic Hall on Main Street at 7pm. Our
        motto at MVGA is "play fast, make mistakes." We are all at least in 50%
        compliance with our motto. 8-)

        Eric
      • chuck_alessi
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 3, 2006
          I'm in Quincy, and I don't know the area terribly well, so
          accessibility to the T is fairly important. Sounds like you guys
          are right up my alley though.

          -Chuck

          --- In Unity_Games@yahoogroups.com, "brosiuse" <public.brosius@...>
          wrote:

          > --- In Unity_Games@yahoogroups.com, "chuck_alessi" <carthur72@>
          wrote:

          > > I'd be looking for a group that's more interested in having a
          good
          > > time than in finding the best possible move in every single
          game. My
          > > last group had a few folks like that, and they drove me nuts.
          > > Hopefully I'll be able to hook up with some of you folks in the
          near
          > > future.
          > >

          > Hi, Chuck! Welcome to the area. If you check the Unity Games web
          page,
          > you'll see that you can visit a local gaming group 10 nights a
          week if you
          > have the time.
          >
          > If you're near Holliston and have Thursdays free, you might want
          to check
          > out MVGA, which meets in the Masonic Hall on Main Street at 7pm.
          Our
          > motto at MVGA is "play fast, make mistakes." We are all at least
          in 50%
          > compliance with our motto. 8-)
          >
          > Eric

        • Bruce Heroux
          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 3, 2006
            Chuck,

            If you are near Woonsocket, RI or willing to travel here we play on Sunday nights and are about the fun not probality of gaining the most resources.

            thanks,

            Bruce Heroux

            PS: that also goes to anyone else who wants to come over on Sundays!

            Message 5 of 6 , Sep 4, 2006
              Hi,

              Well, you're in luck Chuck. We are literally like 2 minutes driving from the
              Salem T (7 minutes walking). It's practically across the street. Salem can be
              found on the Newburyport/Rockport commuter line and takes about 30 minutes
              from North Station in Boston. We may play this Friday evening. Let me know what
              you think. Have fun.

              Bryan

              In a message dated 9/3/2006 8:48:34 PM Eastern Standard Time,
              carthur72@... writes:
              I'm in Quincy, and I don't know the area terribly well, so
              accessibility to the T is fairly important. Sounds like you guys
              are right up my alley though.

              -Chuck

              www.SalemGamer.com

            • brosiuse
              Message 6 of 6 , Sep 4, 2006
                --- In Unity_Games@yahoogroups.com, "chuck_alessi" <carthur72@...> wrote:

                > I'm in Quincy, and I don't know the area terribly well, so
                > accessibility to the T is fairly important. Sounds like you guys
                > are right up my alley though.

                Hi, Chuck! Holliston is not (unfortunately) on the T, so if you were
                to come you'd either need to get a ride with someone or drive (it's
                a fair way from Quincy.) The good news is that there are many
                groups in the area. The MIT SGS group (Fridays) is right off the
                Kendall Square Red Line station and there's another group or two
                in the Davis Square area.

                Eric