Question of the day...

  • Raymond J. Dennis Jr.
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 26, 2006
      I posted this question in the forum of my website to try and get some discusions going with my customers, I'm try to develop and foster a community(feel free to check out the site and forums at http://www.geekandgamersonline.com ). But I got to thinking it was an interesting question for us gamers and would love to hear some of your answers. So what follows is my post:

      What are three of your favorite board or card games and why?

      Me? It's a tough question for me but I'll give it a go...

      Cosmic Encounter, I grew up playing the Eon edition and then the Mayfair edition. I have played this game more then any other. No other game has brought as many laughs and as much satisfaction then this game has. It's a blast to play. You could play with upto 8 players(most of the time just 6) There are strageic choices. Alliances and stabbing in the back. It's Sci Fi with multiple powers and no two games are a like. You can custom the game to the way you like to play(add what ever options you want, play with as many powers or Flares) and it was the inspiration for Magic:The Gatthering, what more can I say.

      RoboRally, the programmer in me loves this game and I love the chaotic nature of it. Things are wild but if you play smart and consistent you have an awesome chance of winning. Plus it's just a blast to watch the robots being destroyed, due to something you did or the board or a mistake someone made(I love seeing robots go off the board because of bad programming). A lot of fun. You can play it seriously or just be crazy and have just as much fun. Not to mention the baubing factor of this game.

      The Princes of Florence, this is a euro game that has multiple paths to victory, it has auctions, limited number of things you can do on your turn even though you want to do more, strategic choices, resource management, and a building factor to it. All the things I love about euro games.

      There are many others that I would love to list, Antiquity, Torres, Spades, Tichu, etc but I'm just asking for three and these are three of my top games. What are some of yours and what do you like about them?

    • Raymond J. Dennis Jr.
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 26, 2006
        Argh... Messed up my link http://www.geeksandgamersonline.com/ Sorry about that.