Starting new Cambridge/Somerville group

  • Carol
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 7, 2006
      Hi all,
      I am hoping to start another Cambridge/Somerville games group. I have a
      regular activity that unfortunately meets the same Wednesdays as the Felix/
      Porter Sq group so I can never make that group, and since I no longer work in
      Boston, it's hard to make the Back Bay group.

      I am open as to day, time, and place. Perhaps the other Wednesdays in the
      month that the Porter Sq. group doesn't meet? Or twice a month Saturday or
      Sunday afternoon would be good too.

      I own so many games I've never played: Shadows over Camelot, New
      England, Traders of Genoa, Stephensons Rocket, etc.
    • Doug Orleans
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 7, 2006
        Carol writes:
        > I am hoping to start another Cambridge/Somerville games group. I
        > have a regular activity that unfortunately meets the same
        > Wednesdays as the Felix/ Porter Sq group so I can never make that
        > group, and since I no longer work in Boston, it's hard to make the
        > Back Bay group.
        >
        > I am open as to day, time, and place. Perhaps the other Wednesdays in the
        > month that the Porter Sq. group doesn't meet? Or twice a month Saturday or
        > Sunday afternoon would be good too.

        The new Pandemonium bookstore location in Central Square, Cambridge
        would be an ideal place for this. Their basement is humongous and has
        many tables and chairs (and couches). Their board game selection has
        been expanding as well-- plenty of Rio Grande/Mayfair/Days of Wonder
        games in addition to the usual Steve Jackson & Cheapass stuff. It's a
        couple blocks from the T and is open daily until midnight. Their
        calendar is starting to fill up, but Mondays, Fridays, and Sundays are
        still open. But seriously, the basement is big enough to fit two
        groups at once.

        http://www.pandemoniumbooks.com/

        --dougorleans@...
      • Carol
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 7, 2006
          Yes, I am definitely going to contact them! Thanks Doug.