SOG SR: 4/24

  • Josh Bluestein
    Message 1 of 1 , May 1, 2006
      OK, too long without an SR for SOG, so here's my report for last week.

      We had eleven people in attendance: Mike, Jess, Evan, Andrew, Chris,
      Mark, Jeff F., Jeff M., Jeff V., Gary, and myself.

      Chris, Andrew and I retreated upstairs to play Das Zepter von
      Zavandor, which took up most of our evening. Downstairs there were
      games of Ticket to Ride, Exxtra, Il Principe and an incomplete game of
      Lost Valley.

      My third outing with Das Zepter, my third last place finish...but this
      one was a very closely-fought battle. Final scores: Andrew 74, Chris
      72, Josh 68. Chris played the artifact game very well, and I built up
      to Rubies quickly...but probably not quickly enough. Andrew pulled a
      last-minute coup by grabbing the Tomcat and switching over to Opals --
      a 10+-point gain that gave him the win.

      We headed back downstairs and rattled around for a bit, and suddenly
      there were five people left: Chris, Evan, Jeff F., Jeff M. and me.
      We played a quick game of Poison (four deals), which Chris won.

      We then finished off the evening with a game of Monkeys on the Moon,
      which is a pretty light and silly game with a lot of strategic
      elements that add up to, well, not much. It's fun, though...and the
      theme and flavor are enjoyable enough that the 30-45 minutes that it
      takes to play are not wasted.

      Evan won by a wide majority, mostly due to his success at launching
      several 3 VP spaceships.

      And that was that.

      Josh