Re: [Unity_Games] 2006 gaming goal, an update

  • W. Eric Martin
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 1, 2006
      andrew.young@... wrote:

      > The Wallace Fest sounds awesome. Struggle is an aprapo word in the
      > tile of Struggle of Empires. It can produce some agonizing
      > decisions. Been playing Age of Steam a lot and it's lovely. I've
      > not done Liberte, Tyros, Princes of the Rennaisance or Byzantium yet.

      I received Byzantium recently, and that's another title I need to push,
      one in a very long list. And Tempus is still on the horizon...

      Eric-4

      --
      W. Eric Martin - TwoWriters.net
      "And neither mathematics nor death ever makes a mistake." - Yevgeny Zamyatin
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 2, 2006
        Eric writes:

        > My goal for 2006 is to play no more than a dozen games a single time.
        > Everything else will hit the table twice or more to squeeze out more
        > goodness and quality playing time. How am I doing at the end of
        > February? Let's review my list from the end of January:
        > Enough gassing from me -- are you making progress on your goals? Do you
        > even have a goal?

        My goal is qualitative rather than quantitative: Play the games that I
        enjoy, more.

        On the one hand, I'm not doing great: I've actually played _more_ new
        games, through the end of February, than I did last year - in spite of
        fewer games played overall.

        On the other hand, I've already played 2038 twice (and in fact, for
        three months running), I've played Settlers more than I did in 2005,
        I've played Durch die Wueste twice, and I'm already up to 19 of my 46
        must-plays - the games I rate 9 or 10.

        Joe