Re: [Unity_Games] ConMan 8

  • Craig Massey
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 9, 2000
      I'll be there as surmised and running a Rio Grand
      tournament. I'll be sending out to the group a full
      list of the details on the tournament. I have been
      complaining over the last few years that the local
      cons have a done a poor job integrating the new german
      games into events so they told me to run something and
      gather interest.

      I'm hoping this event is a huge success and moves the
      con from a board games list of old AH titles (not that
      there is anything wrong with these) etc. to an
      exiciting venue to play, learn and even compete in the
      new games. Aside from the Puffing Billy tournaments
      and miniatures at Conman and Total Confusion(held in
      Feb.), the board game room at these two cons is
      lifeless from my perspective.

      Hope to see you there and keep an eye out for the
      details.

      Craig
      --- "Mark J. Edwards" <dangermouse@...>
      wrote:
      > Just rec'd my ConMan 8 flyer the other day, and
      > I was wondering if
      > anyone is planning on attending. It's being held
      > Aug 18, 19, and 20 in
      > Merrimack, NH (just over the border).
      > I see Craig listed as GM for a Rio Grande Games
      > tournament so I
      > guess Craig will be there. Besides that, here is a
      > list of some of the
      > events that might be of interest, Medici, Merchant
      > of Venus, Robo Rally,
      > Settlers, Vino, plus my favorite, Open gaming.
      > So, besides Craig who's obviously going, is
      > there anyone else with
      > an urge to attend?
      >
      > Mark
      >
      > --