Re: [Unity_Games] My gaming goal for 2006

  • Mark Edwards
    Message 1 of 13 , Feb 2, 2006
      At 01:43 PM 2/2/2006, W. Eric Martin wrote:
      > > That and play Marracash more often. That wonky little
      > auction/tactical
      > > movement game appeals to me for some bizarre reason.
      >
      >That's another game I really need to try soon...

      It's one of those games I play once a year, and forget everything I
      learned about it in between. For instance in our session on Tuesday night
      the winner (young Bob) wiped the floor with us as he had the only yellow
      shop for far too long and after the game we realized that there were more
      yellow meeples running around (thus more chance for profit) than the other
      colors of meeples. Doh!

      Mark

      I'll handle this ... the only danger in space is if we land on the terrible
      Planet of the Apes ... wait a minute. Statue of Liberty ... THAT WAS OUR
      PLANET! YOU MANIACS! YOU BLEW IT UP! DAMN YOU! DAMN YOU ALL TO HELL! -
      Homer Simpson
    • Mark Edwards
      Message 2 of 13 , Feb 2, 2006
        http://tinyurl.com/behef (let me know if that doesn't work!)

        I should've mentioned that my username is "DangerMouse" so that it'd be
        easier to find what I'm selling over on BGG.

        Feel free to use the BGG system to buy, submit offers, etc. so those fine
        gents get their piece of the action.

        I'll be adding stuff as time goes on (i.e. as I dig stuff out of my storage
        bins and spot stuff that I'll never play in my closet).

        Mark

        >Mark J. Edwards wrote:
        > > Thin the herd. I'm starting to go through my collection and selling
        > > the games I know I'll never play. Which is really sad in some cases, but
        > > alas there's only so much time in the day. So <SHILL ALERT!!!> if you're
        > > in the market for games, old and new, wargames, euros, etc. go check out
        > > what I'm selling over on BoardGameGeek.

        I'll handle this ... the only danger in space is if we land on the terrible
        Planet of the Apes ... wait a minute. Statue of Liberty ... THAT WAS OUR
        PLANET! YOU MANIACS! YOU BLEW IT UP! DAMN YOU! DAMN YOU ALL TO HELL! -
        Homer Simpson

      • W. Eric Martin
        Message 3 of 13 , Feb 2, 2006
          Mark Edwards wrote:
          > Yeah, it's stuff that I've hidden away from the wife (not in the
          > closets), <snip>

          Hmm, that sounds familiar. After all, if she's not going to play it,
          then the space it takes up doesn't count, right?

          Mark followed up with this about Marracash:
          > It's one of those games I play once a year, and forget everything I
          > learned about it in between. For instance in our session on Tuesday night
          > the winner (young Bob) wiped the floor with us as he had the only yellow
          > shop for far too long and after the game we realized that there were more
          > yellow meeples running around (thus more chance for profit) than the other
          > colors of meeples. Doh!

          And to take this thread full circle, results like this are precisely
          what I hope to avoid this year by playing games at least twice. My first
          attempt at Mexica, for example, gave me plenty to work with during my
          second play a week later in which I surprised everyone (twice!) by
          spending extra action points and bringing the round to a close.

          The experience with Primordial Soup has proved quite so helpful yet, but
          at least now I know to avoid the combination of Substitution and
          Struggle for Survival.

          Eric-4

          --
          W. Eric Martin - TwoWriters.net
          "And neither mathematics nor death ever makes a mistake." - Yevgeny Zamyatin