RE: [Unity_Games] St. Petersburg

  • Adam Smiles
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 3, 2006
      >From: Fever <johnnyfever@...>
      >
      >We just played Saint Petersburg for the first time and a rule
      >question was asked that we couldn't answer for sure from the rule
      >booklet. The game ends when you run out of cards in any one category
      >but does running out of cards mean needing a card and not having any
      >left or the moment the stack is empty it officially runs out. To put
      >this question in context we had three Artistocrate cards left and
      >needed all three but not four.

      The end game trigger happens when you exhaust one of the 4 decks. It
      doesn't matter if you fill exactly or are short cards. Note that the game
      does not end immediately. You always finish the round with the deck of
      upgrade cards. So if you run out of blue building cards, you finish the
      round of buying blue cards, place and purchase aristocrats and then end with
      the placing and purchasing of bonus cards.