St. Petersburg

  • Fever
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 3, 2006
      We just played Saint Petersburg for the first time and a rule
      question was asked that we couldn't answer for sure from the rule
      booklet. The game ends when you run out of cards in any one category
      but does running out of cards mean needing a card and not having any
      left or the moment the stack is empty it officially runs out. To put
      this question in context we had three Artistocrate cards left and
      needed all three but not four.
    • Adam Smiles
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 3, 2006
        >From: Fever <johnnyfever@...>
        >
        >We just played Saint Petersburg for the first time and a rule
        >question was asked that we couldn't answer for sure from the rule
        >booklet. The game ends when you run out of cards in any one category
        >but does running out of cards mean needing a card and not having any
        >left or the moment the stack is empty it officially runs out. To put
        >this question in context we had three Artistocrate cards left and
        >needed all three but not four.

        The end game trigger happens when you exhaust one of the 4 decks. It
        doesn't matter if you fill exactly or are short cards. Note that the game
        does not end immediately. You always finish the round with the deck of
        upgrade cards. So if you run out of blue building cards, you finish the
        round of buying blue cards, place and purchase aristocrats and then end with
        the placing and purchasing of bonus cards.