Re: [Unity_Games] Reminder - Barnes & Noble - Open Gaming

  • Cragmyre .
    Message 1 of 23 , Dec 3, 2000
      I'll be there.

      >We would like to remind you of this upcoming event.
      >
      >Barnes & Noble - Open Gaming
      >
      >Date: Monday, December 4, 2000
      >Time: 6:30PM - 9:30PM EST (GMT-05:00)
      >
      >Barnes & Noble in the Walpole Mall hosts a Games night on Monday
      >nights.
      >
      >All our welcome.
      >
      >Be courteous to other patrons of the store.

    • Mark Edwards
      Message 2 of 23 , Dec 31, 2000
        The autoposter will never give up.... "That's what he does! That's all he does!!!"

        mark

        Unity_Games@egroups.com wrote:

        > Barnes & Noble - Open Gaming
        >
        > Date: Monday, January 1, 2001
        > Time: 6:30PM - 9:30PM EST (GMT-05:00)
        >
        > Barnes & Noble in the Walpole Mall hosts a Games night on Monday
        > nights.
        >
        > All our welcome.
        >
        > Be courteous to other patrons of the store.
        >

        > Web page for Unity Games member database, files, polls, etc.
        > http://www.egroups.com/group/Unity_Games

        Mark Edwards
        dangermouse@...
      • Cragmyre .
        Message 3 of 23 , Feb 19 2:36 PM
          So, is it just me and Scott? If so, Scott, umm, what kind of games do you
          have? I only have a few. I'll bring those, but hopefully someone else will
          show, or you have some games too :)
          Message 4 of 23 , Apr 2, 2001
            > I'll be there.

            As will I. I've got a small bag-o-games with me and should be at B&N by
            6:30.

            Based on rumblings at SSG Saturday, I think Scott was at the 80% level to
            attend as well. Mark, Alison and David were rather less sure but I think
            David said he might make it down.

            dber@...
          • mhorn@macromedia.com
            Message 5 of 23 , Apr 2, 2001
              I should be there as well.

              As will I. I've got a small bag-o-games with me and should be at B&N by
              6:30.

              Based on rumblings at SSG Saturday, I think Scott was at the 80% level to
              attend as well. Mark, Alison and David were rather less sure but I think
              David said he might make it down.

              dber@...
              http://www.gis.net/~dber <http://www.gis.net/~dber> (South Shore Gamers)

              Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

              The Public Record Portal!
              <http://us.a1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/a/18/1800us_search/bee1.gif>
              First Name Last Name
              FIND ANYONE Right Now!
              <http://rd.yahoo.com/M=177441.1350886.2940839.2/D=egroupmail/S=1700052896:N/
              A=604667/R=!1/!*http://www2.1800ussearch.com/search/start.cgi?adID=190000500
              2>

              <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=177441.1350886.2940839.2/D=egroupmail/S=17
              00052896:N/A=604667/rand=269869002>

              Web page for Unity Games member database, files, polls, etc.

              To UNSUBSCRIBE from the Unity Games mailing list, please send an email to:
              and Unsubscribe from there.

            • Alison Hansel
              Message 6 of 23 , Apr 2, 2001
                > From: Dave Bernazzani [mailto:dber@g...]

                > > I'll be there.
                >
                > As will I. I've got a small bag-o-games with me and should be at
                B&N by
                > 6:30.
                >
                > Based on rumblings at SSG Saturday, I think Scott was at the 80%
                level to
                > attend as well. Mark, Alison and David were rather less sure but I
                think
                > David said he might make it down.

                Yes, David will definitely be there. If I'm not too tired from the
                workday, I'll be coming along, too!

                --Alison
              • Mark J. Edwards
                Message 7 of 23 , Apr 2, 2001
                  --- In Unity_Games@y..., "Alison Hansel" <maarnett@h...> wrote:
                  > Yes, David will definitely be there. If I'm not too tired from the
                  > workday, I'll be coming along, too!

                  David without Alison? Is that possible? Are you sure about this?
                  ;-)

                  I just got the green light, I'll be there! Got my copy of
                  Quandary today and I'll bring it along. We don't have to play it or
                  nothing, it can just sit on a table and look pretty for the
                  passersby.* ;-)

                  Mark

                  P.S. Note to Scott and any would be "game pusher", this is the less
                  in your face, "guilt method" of game pushing. Dave B is very adept
                  at this one.
                  Message 8 of 23 , Apr 2, 2001
                    Mark wrote:
                    > I just got the green light, I'll be there!

                    Excellent! Jenn informs me she might be there for the first game (after we
                    go out for dinner) since she hasn't made the B&N gaming for a couple months
                    now. If so, it'll be like the days of old!

                    > P.S. Note to Scott and any would be "game pusher", this is the less
                    > in your face, "guilt method" of game pushing. Dave B is very adept
                    > at this one.

                    I've got a style all my own! It's adaptive - and subject to the person I'm
                    trying to entice into a game I really want to play. Everything according to
                    the master plan! muwhahahahahah!

                    dber@...
                  • Richard Spoonts
                    Message 9 of 23 , Apr 2, 2001
                      Mark,

                      I am so glad you found a copy; your nagging was
                      beginning to grate. ;-)

                      Where did you find it? And how much did it cost you,
                      if I may be so bold?

                      Richard

                      --- "Mark J. Edwards" <dangermouse@...>
                      wrote:
                      > --- In Unity_Games@y..., "Alison Hansel"
                      > <maarnett@h...> wrote:
                      > > Yes, David will definitely be there. If I'm not
                      > too tired from the
                      > > workday, I'll be coming along, too!
                      > >

                      > David without Alison? Is that possible? Are you
                      > sure about this?
                      > ;-)
                      >
                      > I just got the green light, I'll be there! Got my
                      > copy of
                      > Quandary today and I'll bring it along. We don't
                      > have to play it or
                      > nothing, it can just sit on a table and look pretty
                      > for the
                      > passersby.* ;-)
                      >
                      > Mark
                      >
                      > P.S. Note to Scott and any would be "game pusher",
                      > this is the less
                      > in your face, "guilt method" of game pushing. Dave
                      > B is very adept
                      > at this one.

                    • Mark Edwards
                      Message 10 of 23 , Apr 2, 2001
                        Richard Spoonts wrote:

                        > Where did you find it? And how much did it cost you,
                        > if I may be so bold?

                        I posted a WTB (Wanted to Buy) on rec.games.board.marketplace and someone responded. After a small bit of haggling we decided on $20 for the game (apparently it cost $35 new). The only flaw with the game is that it has 2 blue '0' tiles and is missing the yellow '0' tile. He glued a tiny piece of paper on one of the blue zeros to indicate it should be yellow.

                        I'm also working on a second copy which I found for $15 on Yahoo auctions. This one is complete but the box is a bit beat up. I plan on replacing the yellow zero from that one and then selling the resulting complete but not quite perfect copy.

                        All that said, I've heard that this game should be relatively easy to find at a fleamarket or yard sale for cheap money.

                        Mark (OCD is popular around here)

                        If you're interested in board games and are located in the Eastern Mass area, check out Unity Games!

                      • mhorn@macromedia.com
                        Message 11 of 23 , Apr 9, 2001
                          I can make it. for some reason, I was assuming that it was a no-go... but I
                          have Battle Line with me and FlickWerk if it's just the two of us. I may
                          have to leave a little early.

                          this weekend, I got in a game of 3-player Acquire. I've never played it with
                          so few people before, but it worked really well, so I'll have that in tow
                          (finally broke down and bought one at Scholars).

                          Message 12 of 23 , Jul 23, 2001
                            I'll be there, sun-burn and all.

                            Message 13 of 23 , Jul 23, 2001
                              Matt wrote:

                              > I'll be there, sun-burn and all.

                              Whoo-hoo! Big turnout with 5 of us... and I brought mostly 2P stuff!

                              dber@...
                            • Matthew Horn
                              Message 14 of 23 , Jul 23, 2001
                                No worries, I've got Traumfabrik and Baumeister der Wettstreit in addition
                                to some 2-p games.

                              • cragmyre@hotmail.com
                                Message 15 of 23 , Jul 23, 2001
                                  Make that six

                                  > Whoo-hoo! Big turnout with 5 of us... and I brought mostly 2P
                                  stuff!

                                  > --
                                  > Dave Bernazzani
                                  > dber@g...
                                  > http://www.gis.net/~dber (South Shore Gamers)
                                • Campbell MacInnes
                                  Message 16 of 23 , Jul 23, 2001
                                    --- In Unity_Games@y..., Matthew Horn <mhorn@m...> wrote:
                                    > No worries, I've got Traumfabrik and Baumeister der Wettstreit in
                                    addition
                                    > to some 2-p games.

                                    I brought the paper towels.

                                    --Lew Zealand
                                  • Mark Edwards
                                    Message 17 of 23 , Sep 10, 2001
                                      If you can't find any takers come down to my house! This'll be the
                                      last week that GSG is on a Monday night as next week it'll move back to
                                      Tuesdays.

                                      Mark

                                      Campbell MacInnes wrote:

                                      > Hey, is anyone else going to B&N today? I should be able to attend,
                                      > and I know of another fellow (from Boston Gamers) who will likely pop
                                      > his head in as well.
                                      >
                                      > Any takers?

                                      If you're interested in board games and are located in the Eastern Mass
                                      area, check out Unity Games!

                                      "Hey dad? ... wanna have a catch?"

                                    • Walter H. Hunt
                                      Message 18 of 23 , Sep 11, 2001
                                        Campbell MacInnes wrote:

                                        > Hey, is anyone else going to B&N today? I should be able to attend,
                                        > and I know of another fellow (from Boston Gamers) who will likely pop
                                        > his head in as well.
                                        >
                                        > Any takers?

                                        I may stop by on the way home from Lodge. Warning, tuxedo alert!

                                        Walter.
                                      • Matthew Horn
                                        Message 19 of 23 , Jan 22, 2002
                                          Dave B wrote:
                                          >>The Monday B&N has sort of fallen off since about September of
                                          >>last year. A few of the folks had babies...

                                          Actually, a SUSPICIOUSLY large number of B&N attendees and their spouses had babies... and this was about the same time that Campbell stopped showing up, too. Hmm....

                                          I'll make an effort to get there now and then as it really is a nice place to play.
                                        • Mark Edwards
                                          Message 20 of 23 , Jan 22, 2002
                                            Matthew Horn wrote:

                                            > Dave B wrote:
                                            > >>The Monday B&N has sort of fallen off since about September of
                                            > >>last year. A few of the folks had babies...
                                            >
                                            > Actually, a SUSPICIOUSLY large number of B&N attendees and their
                                            > spouses had babies... and this was about the same time that Campbell
                                            > stopped showing up, too. Hmm....

                                            Just out of curiosity, where were you going with that? Each
                                            possibility seems more ludicrous than the next! ;-)

                                            > I'll make an effort to get there now and then as it really is a nice
                                            > place to play.

                                            I too will be trying to make it as often as I can. I'll also try to
                                            bring Nick to help out Campbell's cause. You'd be amazed at how well
                                            cute babies (he takes after me) work as chick magnets.

                                            Mark

                                            If you're interested in board games and are located in the Eastern Mass
                                            area, check out Unity Games!

                                            "Hey dad? ... wanna have a catch?"

                                          • unitycam
                                            Message 21 of 23 , Jan 22, 2002
                                              --- In Unity_Games@y..., Matthew Horn <mhorn@m...> wrote:
                                              > Actually, a SUSPICIOUSLY large number of B&N attendees and their
                                              spouses had babies... and this was about the same time that Campbell
                                              stopped showing up, too. Hmm....

                                              My team of lawyers have advised to make "no comment" on this, as any
                                              HYPOTHETICAL child support costs would bankrupt me....hypothetically
                                              speaking.

                                              > I'll make an effort to get there now and then as it really is a
                                              nice place to play.

                                              Yes, it is a fun place to play, I may get there on occasion as well.

                                              --Campbell
                                            • David Fontes
                                              Message 22 of 23 , Jan 22, 2002
                                                Just as a heads-up to the vast multitude of you who live on Cape Cod, I _am_
                                                working on getting an open gaming night at the B&N in Hyannis (which
                                                recently opened in a new location - bigger, with a cafe). Possibly starting
                                                in March.

                                                On an... er, um... UNRELATED note, anybody know of any good solitaire games?
                                                -David

                                                >> I'll make an effort to get there now and then as it really is a
                                                > nice place to play.
                                                >
                                                > Yes, it is a fun place to play, I may get there on occasion as well.
                                              • Craig Massey
                                                Message 23 of 23 , Jan 22, 2002
                                                  --- David Fontes <dfontes@...> wrote:

                                                  > On an... er, um... UNRELATED note, anybody know of
                                                  > any good solitaire games?

                                                  Well are you looking for a solitaire card game or
                                                  something a bit more beefy?

                                                  If the latter, Roads & Boats has several single
                                                  solitaire scenarios that are actually pretty
                                                  interesting.

                                                  Has anyone tried any of the single R&B scenarios?
                                                  Given that it is a mini monster and therefore doesn't
                                                  get pulled out often, it could be an interesting
                                                  exercise to have a bunch of people try the same
                                                  scenario over a given time frame and see who scores
                                                  highest. Any takers?

                                                  =====
                                                  Craig W. Massey
                                                  cwmassey@...